Ever Seen One of These 2
        [attachment=12164
]Not sure on this one maybe you know.
the center stays put and the outer hex spins.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Heavy Metal Illness
Thanks given by:
Could it be some kind of a wobble broach tool?
Mike

SB 10K (1976) Rockwell vertical mill (1967) Rockwell 17" drill press (1946) Me (1949)
Thanks given by: carkrazd
Looks like some type of aerospace fastener installer to me. Kind of reminds me of my "nutsert" tools. Chin
Willie
I googled American pneumatic Tools model 25002K and found this site:  http://www.apt-tools.com/index.html

Looks to me the item in question is probably from a line they discontinued or possibility a government contract they won.  Nothing in their current product line is even close as they are mostly into road construction related equipment and tools.
Seems it is a tool for installing Hi-Lok fasteners, see photo at post #7 in this forum thread (not this forum:)

https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=i&rct=j...4066146202
Lathe (n); a machine tool used in the production of milling machine components.

Milling Machine (n); a machine tool used in the production of lathe components.
Pete - I initially thought of doing the valve timing on an engine, where you need three hands as you attempt to secure the locking nut without buggering up the valve clearance. Those Hi-Lok fasteners look the ticket.
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
The H lock seems very close .
Or the Aero Space fastener tool. ( the nut cert tool )
A wobble broach tool looks close also.
The dark part that spins would have to be hollow to go around the nut.
This is solid then making the nut recessed.
The whole end unscrews off of the tool (Silver End)
possible it would take a drill chuck.
The Guy that had these tools was a prop master for Disney.
So maybe it is an Aero Space tool used for adjustments on Space Mountain. Big Grin
Heavy Metal Illness
Thanks given by:

.jpg   pin_fastening_large.jpg (Size: 11.82 KB / Downloads: 98)
.jpg   aero space tool.jpg (Size: 5.31 KB / Downloads: 98)
Found both of these under Aero Space tools.
So it looks like Highpower & Pete O  nailed it.
Thanks Guys. and Thanks to All for checking it out.
Heavy Metal Illness
Thanks given by:
(11-09-2015, 06:20 AM)Mayhem Wrote: Pete - I initially thought of doing the valve timing on an engine, where you need three hands as you attempt to secure the locking nut without buggering up the valve clearance.

Darren, if you design one that could be finely controlled you'd be a billionaire in a very short time. Flat-rate techs would be beating down your door to get one. Smile

Till then I'll have to stick to the old reliable manual tool. Just used it the other day in fact.

[Image: YA8880.jpg]
Willie
Thanks given by:
It's definitely a rivet puller although this one is mechanical where most have an air cylinder. I'll bet if you remove the gearbox from the end and figure out how to mount a chuck, there is a nice 3/8" pneumatic drill in there somewhere.

Tom
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by: