What is this ?
I have some bits that i am thinking is a type of counter bore with a fixed pilot. Thing is the pilot is just under 2" long. Since my field would never require such an item i am wondering what creation would require such a long pilot for the bore to work as needed. Also, it should be a simple task to lop off the long pilot to make it a length for more common usage, right?

Hickory Dickory Dock. Three mice ran up the clock. The clock struck one! The other two escaped with minor injuries.
Thanks given by:
Any identifying marks? Brand, model #, etc.?
Thanks given by:
Those are chamber reamers. Used for resizing chambers in guns. The long pilot is to ensure concentricity.
Full of ideas, but slow to produce parts
Thanks given by:
Bingo! That makes sense. My friend who owned them was gunsmithing for a hobby. Thank you so much rleete.
Hickory Dickory Dock. Three mice ran up the clock. The clock struck one! The other two escaped with minor injuries.
Thanks given by:
Hold it. Just compared to pics of chamber reamers on the net. Not the same and these are not marked with the cartridge size like chamber reamers. These say 1J10435-1 or -3. made by hannibal carbide and CTG
Thanks given by:
I'd wager those are pistol sized reamers.

A rifle reamer may have a necked down shape.
Thanks given by:
Yup. For straight wall cartridges.
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
This gets more mysterious. My neighbor friend used to do a lot of business with one of the largest, oldest and most respected gun shops in San Diego. I called them and spoke to their gunsmith Sent him the pictures of the tools. His response was and i quote "Not any chamber reamers I have ever seen and I have seen many and designed many for custom chambers and throats" " These don't resemble any shotgun, pistol, rifle reamer, throated neck cutter I've ever seen."
Hmmmmmm.
Thanks given by:
I can't imagine what else they would be -- case cutters?

Hehe... unless the gunsmith offered you a low price on them. :)
Thanks given by:
(11-23-2015, 08:45 PM)docclock Wrote: "Not any chamber reamers I have ever seen and I have seen many and designed many for custom chambers and throats" " These don't resemble any shotgun, pistol, rifle reamer, throated neck cutter I've ever seen."

I'm no professional gunsmith, but I have to agree. They don't look like any type of firearms reamer that I've ever seen either. 17428
Willie
Thanks given by: