Setting Up My PM935 Mill
That's great Ed, good timing. Had you scheduled the time off even before you knew the machine was on it's way to your place?
Thanks given by:
(08-31-2015, 08:55 PM)PixMan Wrote: That's great Ed, good timing. Had you scheduled the time off even before you knew the machine was on it's way to your place?

I had contacted Matt back in the middle of August and asked if he could ship it to arrive the first week in September since I was planning on taking that week off as I usually do every year. So even if the timing hadn't worked out for the mill delivery, I would have been taking this week off anyway. This works out well though. And Matt didn't have to rush to get it shipped since he received the mills on August 14th.

Ed
Thanks given by:
I got the phone call. They will be delivering the mill tomorrow afternoon. I suppose I better get my butt in gear and clean a spot in the garage for it. Slaphead

Ed
Thanks given by:
Worked on getting the wiring started for the VFD. I'm going to test the mill while it's still on the pallet to make sure it works before I dismantle it to transport it to the basement. The stuff will be mounted on that piece of wood until I can come up with a suitable enclosure. All the ones I've seen that are big enough cost an arm and a leg so I'm thinking of trying to weld one up ( Yikes ) using sheet metal and angle iron.

Ed

Thanks given by:
Look around on craigslist, I've seen many electrical boxes there.
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by:
No luck with craigslist. The problem seems to be the depth. I need 8" deep.

Ed
Thanks given by:
Old computer case?
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
Thanks given by:
(09-01-2015, 05:49 PM)Vinny Wrote: Old computer case?

I thought of that. Not ideal but I suppose it might be usable if I modified it. Chin

Ed
Thanks given by:
Great opportunity to buy a finger break.
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by:
Why would someone want to break their finger?
Thanks given by: