Mueller Falling Block build.
Since I am so inspired by Tom G's rifle build. Great work buddy Thumbsup . I have wanted to build this gun since the mid 90's but I didn't have all 5 issues of The Home Shop Machinist where the blueprints originally were. Plus I had no machines to make anything. But I did work in a T&D shop and got some small parts done as well as the tooling he used to make the rifle. Move ahead 20 years I still have the tooling and parts and a few machines and finally got all of the plans. It may take another 20 years for this build as I have been down health wise for the last year and then some. I couldn't even make it down the steps to my machines and not stand in front of them. But a miracle happened and I can move around again and have been making some chips. So I wacked out a block of mild steel for a start to see if I can still do basic work and move on to 4140. Guess its a start. So the shaper will be running this weekend. I plan on farming out some of the small parts cut from flat stock to my buddy with a water jet to save some frustration and time. So I will see how it goes...Bob
Bob Wright
Metal Master Fab
Salem Ohio
Birthplace of the Silver and Deming drill bit.
5 Lathes, SBL Shaper, Lewis Mill, 7 drill presses, 5 welders...
Thanks given by:
Hi Bob,

It's good to hear you're back in the shop. Shop time is good medicine. Thumbsup

Ed
Thanks given by: aametalmaster
I was headed to a nursing home where I couldn't take my machines :( But I changed just 3 things in my life and I can function again. 1 Less meds, 2 Quit drinking Diet Pepsi with Aspartame and 3 special inserts for my shoes and I am cured. Doc swears it was the diet pop but I will never know...Bob
Bob Wright
Metal Master Fab
Salem Ohio
Thanks given by:
Good to hear you are back in the shop Bob.

I agree with your doc. Aspartame contains Phenylalanine, which is bad news if you have phenylketonuria (PKU). Even if you don't have PKU, Phenylalanine can interact with certain medications. If taken in large enough quantities, it is neurotoxic.

I look forward to seeing the progress on this project Bob, complete with pictures please Big Grin
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Great to hear your back in the shop Bob
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Sounds great Bob, but you know what they say: If there aren't any pics, it didn't happen.  Thumbsup

Tom
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
(12-05-2015, 06:03 PM)aametalmaster Wrote: I was headed to a nursing home where I couldn't take my machines :(  But I changed just 3 things in my life and I can function again. 1 Less meds, 2 Quit drinking Diet Pepsi with Aspartame and 3 special inserts for my shoes and I am cured. Doc swears it was the diet pop but I will never know...Bob

Sounds like you had the same kind of previous year I had Bob, because I had the same issues with trying to make it down the steps to get to the machines. I only had to change one thing though - my doctor!   Angry

Finding a different doc lead me down the road to recovery. But Ed is right on the money! Getting back into the shop is terrific medicine. Glad to see you are back and feeling the need to start "doing" again!   Smiley-eatdrink004

I'm looking forward to seeing some pics of the new build as well.   Drool
Willie
Welcome back to the world, and the shop!
Mike

SB 10K (1976) Rockwell vertical mill (1967) Rockwell 17" drill press (1946) Me (1949)
Well I fired up the shaper cutting my rough receiver block to size. I looked for my 2 blocks of 4140 and found the thickest one. My son took one to school in 1993 and took it to about size in the school shaper for me and I didn't find that one yet. I think its under 20 years of junk that was piled on my bench...Bob
Bob Wright
Metal Master Fab
Salem Ohio
Thanks given by:
Best of luck finding the material for your build.  Glad to hear you are back in the shop.  I can't wait to see some pictures!

I just finished a lazy susan for my wife so maybe I can get back to my wooden model for the Chicopee Center Fire I started.
JScott, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Mar 2014.