Mueller Falling Block build.
Been working with my shaper and I can't find my camera battery charger for pics. But I will find it. Made a long shaper tool years ago for cutting keyways in my pulleys I make and it will work perfect for this build. Now to find my charger. Oh and I am thinking .45 acp for the caliber...Bob
Bob Wright
Metal Master Fab
Salem Ohio
Birthplace of the Silver and Deming drill bit.
5 Lathes, SBL Shaper, Lewis Mill, 7 drill presses, 5 welders...
Thanks given by:
(12-09-2015, 08:29 PM)aametalmaster Wrote: Oh and I am thinking .45 acp for the caliber...Bob

You've got a typo there Bob.... surely you meant .45-70 didn't you? Rotfl
Willie
Thanks given by: aametalmaster
(12-10-2015, 08:45 AM)Highpower Wrote:
(12-09-2015, 08:29 PM)aametalmaster Wrote: Oh and I am thinking .45 acp for the caliber...Bob

You've got a typo there Bob.... surely you meant .45-70 didn't you?   Rotfl

Just thinking .45 acp would be cool for the first one. I have 5 barrel blanks I can pick from...Bob
Bob Wright
Metal Master Fab
Salem Ohio
Thanks given by:
(12-11-2015, 03:59 PM)aametalmaster Wrote:
(12-10-2015, 08:45 AM)Highpower Wrote:

You've got a typo there Bob.... surely you meant .45-70 didn't you?   Rotfl

Just thinking .45 acp would be cool for the first one ....Bob

I agree. Just pulling your leg a bit. Big Grin
Willie
Thanks given by:
Tonight I cut the company Christmas Party short to work on the receiver block holding tooling. The orig shaper vise will work but it needed modified. I didn't want to cut on a high dollar shaper part. So i came up with a 1 1/2" thick block that was 4"x5" that would fit in the open vise. Then I will weld on a 6"x6"x1/2" thick plate to bolt the receiver block to. That way just in case I want to make another one it will be easier. So tomorrow I will machine all of the blocks and get back to building. Maybe I can steal my wifes smart phone and get some pics.
Bob Wright
Metal Master Fab
Salem Ohio
Thanks given by:
Well I am truly feeling better. Back to doing some projects. And I found the block of 4140 I was looking for. I quit my welding job and took a welding sales job at my local weld shop. 10 blocks from my house. Way different hours and it feels like I am living again. Will get started back on the shaper...Bob
Bob Wright
Metal Master Fab
Salem Ohio
Thanks given by:
Great to hear you are doing well and I would love a 10 block commute.  My drive is 56 miles one way.  I wear out a car in about 4 or 5 years.

We are all hoping that you can get your camera and charger fired up so we can see some pictures.

Congratulations on the new job and very glad to hear you are feeling well.  Smiley-eatdrink004

JScott
JScott, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Mar 2014.
Thanks given by: aametalmaster
I just bought the Mueller book, and I'm excited to get underway.

How is your project proceeding?
Thanks given by:
(05-11-2018, 06:31 PM)Roadracer_Al Wrote: I just bought the Mueller book, and I'm excited to get underway.

How is your project proceeding?

Mine is at a standstill. I have got back into 98 Mausers and put the falling block on the rear burner. Plus I am moving to my grandmothers farm 8 miles away, but its only 500 feet from work. Now to move all my stuff....Bob
Bob Wright
Metal Master Fab
Salem Ohio
Thanks given by:
I got the fever to build a rifle a few months ago and got several books, including Mueller's. Not having a shaper, Mueller's plans are believed to be over my ability. Building a De Haas rifle for my first attempt, but I still want a Mueller.
Thanks given by: