The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (FreeBSD)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Upgraded my storage system
I've just about completed a project that has occupied all of my days off for about the last 6 weeks.
It started with me trolling eBay for some kind of cabinet to increase my storage in the shed, it had become a bit of a disaster area as these pics show.

I stumbled across an ad for a 'compactus' that had only a few hours to go, with only the starting bid. Just over a hundred bucks later, I dragged this home. The trailer is full of sheet metal parts and the back of my 4wd is overflowing with shelves for the thing.

I cleared the area for the 'tardis' to be installed and borrowed a friend's laser level to set out the rails that the shelf units roll on. Shooting levels was very encouraging, all within 1-2mm, until I got to the part closest to the corner and found that it was 22mm higher than the rest of the rails Bash  which meant I had to pack the whole thing up to that level. Lots of scrap metal packing, a couple of dozen 6mm dynabolts and a bag of mortar mix for grout got me to this point

It was at about this stage that I mused to my good lady how it was a shame to waste all that space above the compactus, given that the roof of the shed is about 5 meters high it would be great to put a mezzanine above it but I'd need to find some steel for nothing, or close to nothing.
2 days later a dumpster dive resulted in this following me home

then a second trip to the same dumpster resulted in all the steel for a very solid 2700mm x 4670mm mezzanine floor Thumbsup
Used pallet racking of various weight ratings, the heaviest of which was 125x70mm channel section beams.

To be continued.....
Lathe (n); a machine tool used in the production of milling machine components.

Milling Machine (n); a machine tool used in the production of lathe components.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Upgraded my storage system - by Pete O - 12-27-2015, 07:34 PM
RE: Upgraded my storage system - by Vinny - 12-27-2015, 08:13 PM
RE: Upgraded my storage system - by Pete O - 12-27-2015, 10:56 PM
RE: Upgraded my storage system - by Pete O - 12-28-2015, 05:09 AM
RE: Upgraded my storage system - by Highpower - 12-28-2015, 05:24 PM
RE: Upgraded my storage system - by Pete O - 12-30-2015, 02:27 AM
RE: Upgraded my storage system - by Vinny - 12-30-2015, 02:37 AM
RE: Upgraded my storage system - by Roadracer_Al - 12-30-2015, 02:20 PM
RE: Upgraded my storage system - by Mayhem - 01-01-2016, 07:41 AM
RE: Upgraded my storage system - by Black Forest - 01-01-2016, 11:47 AM