Upgraded my storage system
Made a simple jig for welding the cleats on the end of the joist beams, didn't take long to get them all welded on.

I used a hand winch to raise the two beams that go along the walls,

unfortunately there was nothing suitable above the outer end of the third beam so I got creative with my engine crane- lifted the middle of the beam high enough to get a bolt in one end, then cradled the beam on top of the engine crane to get the other end on. What could possibly go wrong?

Stood the post up under the corner and assembled the meccano set

Was a nice feeling to get the floor screwed down.

No handrail yet, I have plans to add a retractable staircase so the handrail will come after. For now it's ladder access.

Assembling the compactus was a pain in the neck, did the bulk of it solo when help was unavailable. There were about a million 1/4" screws and nuts.

This project has transformed my storage for everything from lathe & mill tooling to paint tins and fuel cans. The old kitchen cabinets are on the burn pile awaiting the end of bushfire season. Got all our camping gear up on the mezzanine which freed up space on my existing shelving for stuff that is used more frequently. I've reclaimed a full bay of floor space that was covered in what my wife unkindly refers to as 'junk'. About one and a half bays of the compactus are still completely empty and about 40 or so shelves not yet installed. Will have to work on accumulating enough tools to fill it up.

I now have enough free floor space to have a couple of projects like my bandsaw refurb under way and still get the car in for servicing.  Big Grin
Lathe (n); a machine tool used in the production of milling machine components.

Milling Machine (n); a machine tool used in the production of lathe components.
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Upgraded my storage system - by Pete O - 12-27-2015, 07:34 PM
RE: Upgraded my storage system - by Vinny - 12-27-2015, 08:13 PM
RE: Upgraded my storage system - by Pete O - 12-27-2015, 10:56 PM
RE: Upgraded my storage system - by Pete O - 12-28-2015, 05:09 AM
RE: Upgraded my storage system - by Highpower - 12-28-2015, 05:24 PM
RE: Upgraded my storage system - by Pete O - 12-30-2015, 02:27 AM
RE: Upgraded my storage system - by Vinny - 12-30-2015, 02:37 AM
RE: Upgraded my storage system - by Roadracer_Al - 12-30-2015, 02:20 PM
RE: Upgraded my storage system - by Mayhem - 01-01-2016, 07:41 AM
RE: Upgraded my storage system - by Black Forest - 01-01-2016, 11:47 AM