Harbor Freight Ultrasonic Cleaner
Purple Power for the really greasy stuff, and I use Simple Green for most everything else. The small jars of powdered ultrasonic cleaner that HF has actually works pretty good too. Not all of the stores stock it though. Just be careful with using the PP on aluminum parts!
Willie
Thanks given by:
(02-19-2016, 10:21 PM)Highpower Wrote: Just be careful with using the PP on aluminum parts!

And also the regular Simple Green. I saw on a YouTube video that the purple Simple Green is safe for aluminum.

Ed
Thanks given by:
(02-19-2016, 10:50 PM)EdK Wrote: .... purple Simple Green

Ed

Gee, I'd love to meet the marketing GENIOUS that came up with that one. At least they didn't call it Red Green eh? Big Grin
Willie
Thanks given by:
Red Green ... groan!

I use the purple green for degreasing but have never tried it in the ultrasonic cleaner. Looking forward to the results.
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by:
My buddy finally bought an ultrasonic cleaner last year to clean empty brass cases for reloading. He knows I clean pistol parts in mine and asked me what I use. Told him Simple Green. Well I guess he was all out of Simple Green so he decided to use his brass cleaning solvent instead. (Loaded with ammonia.)

It stripped every bit of finish off of the new pistol he recently purchased. Needless to say he still feels the sting over that little mistake. Slaphead

Not to worry I sez.... I know a guy that can fix it.

[Image: 1385119100402225223.jpg]
Willie
Thanks given by:
Photo 
In the immortal words of The Duke...

[Image: 79bcfcd836e7c5c3b584d41672c657e6.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Without knowing what you are cleaning I found that Simple green has a suggestion link categorizing the intended purpose of the product .
http://industrial.simplegreen.com/ind_ap...n_zone.php

I for one am amazed, how this product has changed over the years. I stumbled onto it about 1980, looking for a cleaner to use for my bike. They had one mix, it was safe on paint, did not kill the grass and did one hell of a job keeping the motor and all the aluminum cleaned up

Note: Purple Power not for aluminum Yikes
Magazines have issues, everything else has problems

Thanks given by:
I just wish we had a store like harbor freight here in queensland the prices are sooooooo cheap an the variety of machine an tools is unreal ya lucky buggas Ouch
Thanks given by:
(08-16-2016, 09:17 PM)oldskoolron Wrote: I just wish we had a store like harbor freight here in queensland the prices are sooooooo cheap an the variety of machine an tools is unreal ya lucky buggas Ouch

Buying stuff from Harbor Freight is a double edged sword. Yes, the prices are cheap, but the quality is horrendous. Sometimes you end up with something usable, but most things need to be repaired, replaced or re-engineered to make them work. My motto is "Never buy anything from HF that has more than one moving part".

I just bought a simple laser level from Horror Fright to help level the sand for the pool I just installed. Right out of the box, one of the leveling screws was inoperable so I had to get close with the tripod and use the other two to level the laser. Then after several attempts at leveling the area, I realized that the rotary head on the tripod was drifting as I worked. I finally threw the tripod away, leveled a piece of cast fixture plate with my machine level and set the laser level on that. Then I could aim it wherever I wanted without fear of anything moving. I guess I still came out ahead because the level part works fine and I only spent $30 on it.

Tom
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
Here we have the cheap stuff at top end prices :(
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by: