Harbor Freight Ultrasonic Cleaner
Smiley-signs009 on Tom's post.  One needs to be very careful and pick & chose their products.  Use to be I would not buy any of their electric motor powered equipment.  Now I will, but selectively such as my winch.  Have one of HF's electric pole saws that I'm quite happy with.  However, you could not give me one of their bench grinders or machine tools.

I also have some of HF's impact sockets.  If I were working 40+ hrs/wk as a mechanic of some sort I would not go near them.  However as one who occasionally needs a 3/8 or 1/2 inch drive socket they do quite well.   I'll have to see how many I break during the overhaul of my Plymouth.
Thanks given by:
(08-19-2016, 03:08 PM)Dr Stan Wrote: I'll have to see how many I break during the overhaul of my Plymouth.

Plymouth? What do you have?
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
hi well mine came from a budget supermarket  £19.99 three year guarantee and so far its dun its job and I have hade all sorts of things in it see sum of my posts as rather fotunet that we have a industrial sized one at work and can get the cleaning fluid for nothing I only get a pint at a time but their is no need to be greedy and take a lode at once
krv3000, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2012.
Thanks given by:
(08-19-2016, 08:10 AM)Mayhem Wrote: Here we have the cheap stuff at top end prices :(

sure do man .they hb horizontal/vertical bandsaw I have seen ppl say they paid 150 to 200 usd for I bought basically the same thing in Brisbane at mates rates an still paid 690 for it an still had to do the same as everyone else to get it to cut straight ect
Thanks given by:
I did a test between the HF cleaner and my own setup. I got a small plastic container with a lid from my wife and put a few ounces of water and about 5 squarts of simple green and put a couple of 45 shells in it and closed the lid and put on top of my vibra tumbler for reloading. I did have to hold it for 8 minutes and took it out and the brass was nice and clean even the inside was nice and shinney. I took a 45 shell over to my neighbor to try in his HF cleaner with simple green and water with heat and my job looked a lot better than the HF one. I guess mine vibrated a lot more and maybe cleaned better. I guess I will have to make my system bigger instead of buying the HF cleaner. My tumbler will be using water and simple green instead of the media that it has been using. I do have a lot of extra shells and can air dry shells for a week with no problem. My neighbor uses a plastic bag with small amounts of cleaner in it then puts small parts in the bag before it goes in the HF cleaner so the mix in the cleaner would last longer, good idea I think.
Paul
pjf134, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2012.
Thanks given by:
In addition to all the cool projects Greg has made me realize I need, I want to build a paint-bucket rotary tumbler. They just seem so dang useful to have around. If it's cheap enough to build, I could see building 3 for different grades of abrasive. Stack them vertically, and they won't take up very much floor space.
Thanks given by: