Project Kondia Powermill - Big Baby Blue
Mayhem, Thanks for all the info! It is a huge help. I don't know when it was manufactured. The plate on the front says 676 but the front right corner of the knee has 456 stamped in it.
I'm unsure if they mixed S/N's from the factory, or if this machine had a head transplant at some point...

I held my breath and just pounded a little harder on the spindle and sure enough, it dropped out the bottom of the quill. I found the upper bearing in perfect working order and the lower two bearings to be ever so slightly rough. They weren't loud at all, they just weren't perfectly smooth. I think I will still replace all three of them for good measure. No sense in getting a few months down the road and needing to tear back into it. They definitely weren't the source of the noise while running however, so I had to dig a little deeper.

I pulled off the motor and the belt housing and it was easy to diagnose, the upper pair of bearings inside the step pulley axle are SHOT! The lower pair, still buried inside the head don't sound wonderful, but certainly aren't as bad. I think I will just swallow the bitter pill now and replace all 7 on the spindle assembly and the two on the back gear. The only spendy ones are the matched pair 7207's at the business end of the quill. I'll have to hunt around for a decent price on those...
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Kondia Powermill - Big Baby Blue - by rust_bucket - 02-26-2016, 09:28 PM
RE: Kondia Powermill - Big Baby Blue - by EdK - 02-26-2016, 09:38 PM
RE: Kondia Powermill - Big Baby Blue - by Vinny - 02-26-2016, 09:56 PM
RE: Kondia Powermill - Big Baby Blue - by pepi - 02-26-2016, 11:05 PM
RE: Kondia Powermill - Big Baby Blue - by Mayhem - 02-27-2016, 09:16 AM
RE: Kondia Powermill - Big Baby Blue - by rust_bucket - 02-28-2016, 12:25 AM
RE: Kondia Powermill - Big Baby Blue - by Vinny - 02-28-2016, 02:09 AM
RE: Kondia Powermill - Big Baby Blue - by EdK - 03-11-2016, 05:09 PM
RE: Kondia Powermill - Big Baby Blue - by EdK - 03-11-2016, 05:56 PM