Project New Guy
New to this site and have posted on others, but this one looks great. I'll try to post a few pics of an ongoing project (sorry didn't document). I think I'm already lost concerning the pics

Thanks given by:
Gunnersmate, pics can be tricky.  Welcome aboard.  It looks like you are off to a good start with your project.  Feel free to share details.  Everybody here is very supportive.

Where did you get your falling block design?  Is it one of your own?

Keep up the good work and we love documentation.

JScott
JScott, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Mar 2014.
Thanks given by:
Wish I had that design talent, This is the forth attempt at this design and I think I get closer with each attempt. The design is later day English origin, it is called a Shirley, and the pics of it are from a single shot patent publication, I would be happy to post a pic from the book if it didn't abridge any rules or copy rights. I have material for two more, which are in the near future, I'll try to take pics along the way. I have posted some things on other sites and to do them here would probably have already been seen, open to comments. Warning, I'm a bit of a hack, some of the things I've seen on the site are enough to deflate ones ego ( If machinists have one)
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the forum!! One thing to remember. Any of Rob's pics you see you have to understand that Rob uses a magic camera to make them look that way.
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by:
Welcome aboard
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
This might help with posting pictures.

Posting Pictures

Ed
Thanks given by:
Very nice. Is it your design? It looks a lot like the Winchester single shot.
Nice job on the stock as well.

Tom
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
This is an extremely strong action, the commercial versions were chambered from the .375 H&H to .700 nitro express, this will be in .50 cal. The action is striker fired (no hammer) and has no visible screws or pins when stocked, it assembles like a Chinese puzzle
Thanks given by:
Did you work from a set of plans or make your own? It's a very cool design that I'd be interested in seeing more of.

-Ron
11" South Bend lathe - Wells-Index 860C mill - 16" Queen City Shaper
Thanks given by:
No plans, just a few pics in a English patent book, new to the sight so not to sure about posting rules regarding copy rights etc. The info was enough to get started on the build and can post if okay. I found out that the company is still in operation in England under Giles, if I can locate the site I'll post, thanks for the comments, BT
Thanks given by: