New Miller MM252 Weder
Last month I bought a new Millermatic 252 welder from the LWS. This was to replace my Millermatic 175. THe MM175 is a good welder, but will not run my Miller 30A spool gun. I have a MM350P, and its set up for .045" wire, in pulse mode using 90/10 shielding gas, I set the new MM252 up to run .030" wire, with 75/25 shielding gas and pure argon for the spool gun.

At the same time I bought a 20' Tweco #1 gun with a flexible gooseneck for the welder, replacing the 15' M25 gun, that was supplied with the welder.

1 - the welder
2 - the gooseneck straight
3- goose neck at 85 degrees
4 - welder in the back of the shop
5 - whats still usable in the front of the shop

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

jack
Thanks given by:
(03-13-2016, 10:06 AM)the penguin Wrote: Last month I bought a new Millermatic 252 welder from the LWS. This was to replace my Millermatic 175. THe MM175 is a good welder, but will not run my Miller 30A spool gun. I have a MM350P, and its set up for .045" wire, in pulse mode using 90/10 shielding gas, I set the new MM252 up to run .030" wire, with 75/25 shielding gas and pure argon for the spool gun.

At the same time I bought a 20' Tweco #1 gun with a flexible gooseneck for the welder, replacing the 15' M25 gun, that was supplied with the welder.

1 - the welder
2 - the gooseneck straight
3- goose neck at 85 degrees
4 - welder in the back of the shop
5 - whats still usable in the front of the shop

Nice...Bob
Bob Wright
Metal Master Fab
Salem Ohio
Birthplace of the Silver and Deming drill bit.
5 Lathes, SBL Shaper, Lewis Mill, 7 drill presses, 5 welders...
Thanks given by:
Now that's a horse right there............flexible gooseneck  HANDY !

greg
Magazines have issues, everything else has problems

Thanks given by:
(09-25-2016, 09:24 PM)pepi Wrote: Now that's a horse right there............flexible gooseneck  HANDY !

greg

I would get a spare gooseneck and just use the flex when needed. But that's just me...Bob
Bob Wright
Metal Master Fab
Salem Ohio
Thanks given by:
(09-26-2016, 05:28 AM)aametalmaster Wrote:
(09-25-2016, 09:24 PM)pepi Wrote: Now that's a horse right there............flexible gooseneck  HANDY !

greg

I would get a spare gooseneck and just use the flex when needed. But that's just me...Bob

I've been use the flexible gooseneck on the MM350P, for over 10 years, never had an issue and can't see any reason I would. I constant flexing the gooseneck to get the best positioning possible.
jack
Thanks given by:
Well that's good then...Bob
Bob Wright
Metal Master Fab
Salem Ohio
Thanks given by:
I've been considering the 252. Now that you have one, what is your opinion of it?

Thanks,

-Ron
11" South Bend lathe - Wells-Index 860C mill - 16" Queen City Shaper
Thanks given by:
I sell them. And BTW there is a $200.00 rebate for 2 more days. I used a MM252 for almost 6 years 6 days a week welding everything from sheet metal to 1" plate plus alum with a spool gun. Great machine. I never liked the M-25 mig gun but there are tons of others that will fit it. So if you need a new 252 in the next 48 hours I have 2 of them :) ...Bob
Bob Wright
Metal Master Fab
Salem Ohio
Thanks given by:
I love mine, a great machine,  I also have a MM 350P, another great machine. I probably could live with just the MM 252, its a beast, but at this time I don't have to.

I never put the M-25 gun on the machine, I went straight to the Tweco.
jack
Thanks given by:
(09-28-2016, 06:22 PM)aametalmaster Wrote: I sell them. And BTW there is a $200.00 rebate for 2 more days. I used a MM252 for almost 6 years 6 days a week welding everything from sheet metal to 1" plate plus alum with a spool gun. Great machine. I never liked the M-25 mig gun but there are tons of others that will fit it. So if you need a new 252 in the next 48 hours I have 2 of them :) ...Bob

That's a good deal that I'll have to pass up Bob.  It'll take me longer than two days to "introduce" my wife to the idea. Blush  That, and her brother works for Matheson - http://www.mathesongas.com/ and if I didn't go through him I'd never hear the end of it (BIL is a good guy though so that doesn't bother me).

Thanks to both of you (Bob and Jack) I'll go ahead and put the 252 purchase in the hopper and see when I can pull it off. Big Grin

-Ron
11" South Bend lathe - Wells-Index 860C mill - 16" Queen City Shaper
Thanks given by: