Making A Part For An Old Rifle
(04-15-2016, 06:59 PM)Mayhem Wrote: Good to have a value for insurance reasons.

That's exactly what I was thinking of.

Ed
Thanks given by:
(04-15-2016, 04:36 PM)EdK Wrote: Willie,

Do you have any idea what it's worth? We haven't had any luck on trying to find its value. To him it's priceless since it was his grandfather"s. He just wants to get it back to the point where he can use it. He'll never sell it.

Ed

Yep, I understand the sentimental value thing. A quick search of Gunbroker only turned up one Model 2 that sold back in February. "Buy it now price" was $1000 but it ended up selling for $656.00 Condition means a lot, so what it is worth dollar wise is anybody's guess. Whatever someone is willing to pay for it is the usual answer.

Just FYI: Jack First, Inc. (Rapid City, SD) still has 9 parts for that rifle listed in their catalog. The bolt carrier (breech) is one of them. It's a long shot that they might still have one, but it would be worth a phone call to find out. (Mon thru Fri 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. Mountain Time.) 605-343-9544

Just tell one of the ladies that answers the phone what you are looking for, and they will check to see if it is in stock. The catalog info they will ask for is:

Catalog page: 774
Gun # 295
Item # 4 (Bolt carrier and handle)

Post pics! What do you guys think about using some of that 4140 PH he's got from the fire sale several months back?
Popcorn
Willie
Thanks given by: EdK
(04-15-2016, 08:54 PM)Highpower Wrote: What do you guys think about using some of that 4140 PH he's got from the fire sale several months back?

It's not big enough.

Ed
Thanks given by:
By the looks of it, Ed needs to get the rest of his mill downstairs before he takes this project on...
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by:
(04-15-2016, 06:59 PM)Mayhem Wrote: That looks to be a complex part

Looking at it as a whole, it does look complex but I look at the individual features to determine how hard they would be to machine. There are a few tricky steps but I would enjoy the challenge.

Ed
Thanks given by:
(04-15-2016, 11:37 PM)Vinny Wrote: By the looks of it, Ed needs to get the rest of his mill downstairs before he takes this project on...

For sure. Smile

Ed
Thanks given by:
(04-15-2016, 09:12 PM)EdK Wrote:
(04-15-2016, 08:54 PM)Highpower Wrote: What do you guys think about using some of that 4140 PH he's got from the fire sale several months back?

It's not big enough.

Ed

Put it on the left handed board stretcher! Big Grin
Willie
Thanks given by:
(04-16-2016, 07:56 AM)Highpower Wrote: Put it on the left handed board stretcher!

I'll have to add one of those to my project list. It would come in handy at times. Chin

Ed
Thanks given by:
You can keep it on a shelf next to the right-handed smoke shifter.
Thanks given by:
So no more opinions on this part? O1 tool steel being the best?

Ed
Thanks given by: