Kahr PM9
(03-31-2016, 06:51 PM)TomG Wrote: Nice Willie. I looked hard at the .40, but settled on the 9mm because it will fit nicely in a pocket. Uncle George makes a nice pocket holster for it.

Tom

The .40 fits nicely in a pocket too. It's the same size as your 9mm. The entire gun is only an inch wide. I got a couple of pocket holsters for it also. But the De Santis is the one I like the best.
Willie
Thanks given by:
(03-31-2016, 07:16 PM)EdK Wrote: Let's say I don't want a shotgun. It doesn't matter why.
Ed

'cause it won't fit into your pocket nicely Big Grin
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
 a child of the 60's and 50's and a bit of the 40's Smile
Thanks given by:
I was just wondering if any of you regularly walk about in your home environment with a gun in your pocket?
Smiley-eatdrink004 
DaveH
Thanks given by:
(03-31-2016, 07:16 PM)EdK Wrote: What would be a good pistol for both home defense and CC given that I'm a small old fart?

Ed

Popcorn
Willie
Thanks given by:
Dave, "regularly" no. Occasionally yes.
Willie
Thanks given by: DaveH
If I am in and out of the house - workshop, or just in the garden, then I have my gun in my pocket.
Smiley-eatdrink004 
DaveH
Thanks given by:
Nothing wrong with that Dave. One day I had an individual unknown to me, decide to walk up my driveway and ask me what I was working on!!!??? (I was uncrating my new TIG welder at the time that was just delivered .)

Seeing as how I didn't know this guy from Adam, never saw him before in the neighborhood, and he walked onto my property uninvited -- I suggested he leave the area quickly and immediately. He got the message. Never saw him again after that.

It just goes to show how things can happen at any time and anywhere. You never know who is going to come up on you unexpectedly. But generally I have a hard enough time cutting my lawn as is, and don't enjoy having to clean a gun after sweating all over it.... so I don't carry ALL the time. Blush
Willie
Thanks given by:
DaveH,

I carry all the time.  When at home I either have something in my pocket or within arms reach.  I even carry when I mow the grass.  It makes for good practice on taking it apart and putting it back together again.  Also, a clean weapon is more likely to go bang when you need it to go bang!

By the way I carry a Kel-Tec P3AT.  It is a .380 but it has a capacity of 6+1 and weighs 10 ounces fully loaded.  Mine is black polymer with a matte stainless slide.  It is only .75 inch wide and rides nicely in a pocket holster.  Looks like a phone or a thin wallet.  And I do have my concealed carry license which is $7.50 here in my county in Alabama.

JScott
JScott, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Mar 2014.
Thanks given by: DaveH
Ed,

As I've already mentioned, I have a number of guns I "carry" depending on how I'm dressed/weather/etc.  Off the top of my head, the full list would be:

Glock 36 in .45acp
Walther PPS in 9mm
Sig P220 Carry in .45acp
Glock 43 in 9mm
S&W 649 J-frame revolver in .357mag
Ruger LCR in .380acp.

I really like the Ruger LC9s that my wife carries and as I've said I'd have an LC9s Pro to carry if I didn't already have the bases covered.  I would not recommend any of the light weight/small revolvers/pistols (Like the Ruger LCR and LCP) chambered for .38 special or .380acp respectively just due to the fact that they aren't real comfortable to shoot.  A slightly larger pistol, like the LC9s in 9mm, is actually much more comfortable to shoot and is just as easy to conceal carry.

What you really need to do is get to a gun store that has a good number of guns that you can pick up and feel to make sure they fit YOU.  That being said I'd still suggest going with a 9mm of some kind.  Reasons?  Well the ammo is cheaper than the .40 (or .45 or .357, etc.) and the recoil will be a bit less making it easier to control and shoot.  Almost every manufacturer is making a "single stack" (narrow) 9mm pistol for concealed carry.  A lot will depend on what feels good to you and your price range.

Not sure if that helps at all, probably more confused now. Blush

FWIW

-Ron
11" South Bend lathe - Wells-Index 860C mill - 16" Queen City Shaper
Thanks given by: EdK
(03-31-2016, 07:30 PM)Highpower Wrote:
(03-31-2016, 06:51 PM)TomG Wrote: Nice Willie. I looked hard at the .40, but settled on the 9mm because it will fit nicely in a pocket. Uncle George makes a nice pocket holster for it.

Tom

The .40 fits nicely in a pocket too. It's the same size as your 9mm. The entire gun is only an inch wide. I got a couple of pocket holsters for it also. But the De Santis is the one I like the best.

I thought there was more difference than that, but the 9mm is only .05" shorter and .04" thinner, and we already had a .40 in the barn. However, the 9 does provide one extra round in the magazine. Big Grin

Tom
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by: