D.T.I fix
(06-28-2016, 07:42 PM)Vinny Wrote: Ok Bob, I have questions!  

1) what are you cleaning the parts in?  Is that an ultrasonic cleaner?  What's the liquid?

2) what do you use to clean the dial faces?

Not sure what Bob is using for his parts cleaning, but it sure looks a lot like the clock cleaning solution I used on mine in my ultrasonic cleaner.

He told me to clean the dial faces with a cotton swab and distilled water - ONLY. Anything else will likely remove the markings on the dial. It's amazing how good a job the water actually does cleaning. Smiley-eatdrink004
Willie
Thanks given by:
Thanks! I'll give that a go.
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by:
hi right yep its a ultrasonic cleaner and the cleaning liquid is from work I keep meaning to get the name of the stuff but never do

as for cleaning the dial face well its spit just  get sum cotton wool buds and wet it then rube over the face youse a clean one every time  DO NOT yous any solvents or sops or soke in water as sum faces the markings are transfers and will cum off as for the lenses on sum you need to put a angel on the edge but not all no its not a cleaner for clocks its a degreaser and light rust remover the stuff that I get from work we have one big one at work and when I say big I mean big   all automated the parts are in for 30 minuets on a conveyer system they cum out get rinst off then blown dry  depending on watt mix rate ie  1 part of cleaner to say 5 parts water brill for brass  and for de rusting parts its 3 to 5 mix 1 is a egg cup full to two 1 tank full fi that makes sense as for oil I youse instrument oil not clock oil sos for the delay in the reply
krv3000, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2012.
Thanks given by:
Thanks Bob!!
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
Thanks given by:
still for got to get the name Slaphead
Thanks given by:
LOL
Thanks given by:
I no went to work this morning remembered to get the name left the bit of paper at woke Bash
Thanks given by:
(07-02-2016, 03:00 PM)krv3000 Wrote: I no went to work this morning remembered to get the name left the bit of paper at woke Bash

Rotfl Sounds like me.

Ed
Thanks given by:
Tomorrow I bet you remember to put the bit of paper into your pocket, only to leave it in there and put it through the washing machine! I've lost count of how many times I have done that. Left my phone in my pocket once!
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
I sent a flash drive through the wash and it came out unscathed.

Ed
Thanks given by: