Help me buy a QCTP
(04-11-2016, 03:08 PM)arvidj Wrote:
(04-11-2016, 05:55 AM)Mayhem Wrote: One thing I would think about is asking arvid to see if there is enough room to stick another #2 tool holder into and buy one online and have it shipped to his address. ... As has been noted previously, you will need to change out the M12x1.75 dog point screws to some quality ones.

I'd be willing to order another #2 holder and have it shipped to the house. CDCO seems to be the cheapest and has had reasonable quality for the price but where ever you would want me to get it from is fine with me. I'd also order how ever many dog point screws you would want from McMaster and include them in with the other stuff.

We'd just add it all up and make a single PayPal transaction.

And Bev and I passed 32 years together in February and will have 31 years married in July.

Arvid

That sounds like a plan Arvid; would you be happy to make those postage arrangements from your end? I'm thinking if there is a struggle for room in the postage boxes you could leave the parting holder out as I am unlikely to use one- my insert parting tool will go in a #2 holder and I have several HSS parting setups that will also go in a standard holder. CDCO sounds good to me. As Darren said, this stuff is both hard to find and hard to afford here, so even with postage cost it is a winner.
Don't worry about the screws though, there are lots of industrial suppliers around my workplace who will have those.

Great to hear so many with plenty of married years under the belt. I'm looking forward to the next 30 with my lady.
Lathe (n); a machine tool used in the production of milling machine components.

Milling Machine (n); a machine tool used in the production of lathe components.
Thanks given by:
Just had to mention how indulgent my other half is, on the way home from our anniversary trip today I dropped a suggestion for a little detour- there was a clearing sale I wanted to go to that happened to have a shaper on the list. I didn't mention that this was the reason I had been so efficient getting on the road this morning and why I had been pushing the Landy to the limit all the way!
She patiently sat in the car while I went in and checked out the shaper; I decided not 'to bid on it (didn't hang around to see it sell in fact) as it had a few missing parts on the ratchet drive system and was so filthy it was hard to tell the condition of the rest of it, was a behemoth of a machine and would have been a major undertaking to get it home. Invicta 6M with a 24" stroke.
After 30 years I think she's somewhat resigned to my idea of a romantic getaway.

Thanks given by:
(04-14-2016, 03:21 AM)Pete O Wrote: After 30 years I think she's somewhat resigned to my idea of a romantic getaway.

She's a keeper!
JScott, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Mar 2014.
Thanks given by:
I know you've all be waiting to see how much stuff weighs. Even if you've not been waiting, here it is ...

All of the weights are in ounces. Sorry, its America and we measure stuff in very strange ways (no pun intended).

301 - Turning and Facing holder - 39.9oz

302 - Boring, Turning and Facing Holder - 39.9oz

304 - Heavy Duty Boring Bar Holder - 71.2oz

307 - Universal Parting Blade Holder - 42.8oz

310 - Knurling Turning and Facing Holder - 41.9oz

Tool Post, T-nut, Handle - 202.0oz

None of this "Add it all up and just move the decimal" stuff for us Americans. We enjoy adding it all up to get 437.7oz and then dividing it by 16 to get to 27.35lbs and then figuring out that the .35 of a pound is actually 5.5oz.

Arvid
Thanks given by:
For those of us comfortable with the metric system it equals 12.405751Kg. BTW, at 207lbs it sure sounds better to be 93.8936Kg. :)
Thanks given by:
Yeah. I keep asking the doctor to change the numbers on his scale.
Mike

SB 10K (1976) Rockwell vertical mill (1967) Rockwell 17" drill press (1946) Me (1949)
Thanks given by:
#307 is a paperweight and best left in the US. That is taking up space that another #302 tool holder could occupy. I actually this was the 400 series holder (which I have). Given that it seems to be the next size down, I wouldn't rush out to buy the M12x1.75 dog point screws, just in case it takes a smaller size.
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
(04-17-2016, 10:37 PM)wawoodman Wrote: Yeah. I keep asking the doctor to change the numbers on his scale.

My doctor just keeps asking "Which part of 'over weight' don't you understand?".
Thanks given by:
Wow, quite a package isn't it. Shipping seems pretty reasonable considering the weight.
Will PM you again Arvid, thanks again.

Thanks given by:
Pete just pointed out that I had originally indicated it was a 400 (CA) series tool holder but when I actually measured and weighed it determined it was a 300 (CXA) series holder. Pete and I have talked privately and thinks he can make it work but I would prefer that we get second, third, ... opinions on the suitability of a 300 (CXA) series holder for size of his lathe.

I do not have to sell it [not that I actually have a use for it either] and want to make sure Pete will be able to use this and that it is still a reasonable investment of his time and money.

Arvid
Thanks given by: