LIL' HOGGERS
Hi  Guys
Really hope  somebody has had experience with these ( pictured ) or  knows  better.
We want to buy a Set of these from the Canadian Suppliers who know a lot  less about which are  the  compatible CARBIDE INSERTS, besides the TNMA, SNMA and  RNMA  series  which fit  these HOGGERS.
We  were  thinking  of  using  the  TNMG  (SNMG)  160404  331/332  Series,  but  were  told  by  another  good  insert  Supplier that they  just might  be  too  thick  for these  "LIL  HOGGERS".  
These look  a  lot  better  than  the ones sold on Eeeek  !!!
However,  we  just  can't  seem  to  be  able  to elicit a reasonably intelligent  response  from the Suppliers,  who  are  not  locals  anyway.
Seeing  these  are  sold  Your  side  of the  pond the METRIC ISO 160404  Series  just  might  not  fit  the Imperials.
We  wonder  if  the  Guru  here,  MR  PIXMAN,  might  have a  better  suggestion  for  a  whole different  Toolholder  ???
If  anybody  does,  He  ought  to  know  what's  best
And  we  will  appreciate  some  direction  in  this  quandary.
These HOGGERS  are  advertised  for  good  feed/Cut  application and  we  hope  our  machine  will be  able  to  handle  that seeing  they  are  only  an Inch in Diameter.
Looking  forward  to  some serious enlightenment here as we  are just about  going crazy with both the  Suppliers.
Thanks a stack in  advance
aRM

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
The Accusize web site lists the triangle ones as TNMA322, lots of those on ebay. They list the square ones as SNAM322 but that's a typo. It should be SNMA322, also lots of those on ebay. The round ones are listed as RANMA322, which I believe should be RNMA32 like these ones on ebay.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/New-World-Product...SwgkRVVPUX

I have dealt with Accusize and I don't have anything positive to say about them.

John
johnncyc14, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Nov 2013.
Thanks given by: aRM
(04-12-2016, 11:19 AM)johnnyc14 Wrote: The Accusize web site lists the triangle ones as TNMA322, lots of those on ebay. They list the square ones as SNAM322 but that's a typo. It should be SNMA322, also lots of those on ebay. The round ones are listed as RANMA322, which I believe should be RNMA32 like these ones on ebay.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/New-World-Product...SwgkRVVPUX

I have dealt with Accusize and I don't have anything positive to say about them.

John

Hello there JOHN
Thanks for the early response.
Yup. We did see thru' those typos !!!
Glad U pointed out that there are quite a few Suppliers of the TNMA Series. Will look these up and see what gives. Maybe we can then make a positive move from thereon.
The alternate we see is SHARS. And their Quality don't look too appealing either, even at a much cheaper Price. We did Buy Tooling from them previously. Nothing to write home about - sadly !!!
aRM
Thanks given by:
I have not tried those little hoggers but the inserts are cheap and readily available. I have bought from accusize before and I personally have never had a problem. I know I am getting a chinese product and luckily I can go directly to their place in Markham and inspect the merchandise before I decide to buy.
Steve S
Check out MyShopNotes on youtube.
I have a set of the Lil Hoggers, they came from CDCO, I've used them a couple of times, they seem to work okay, not a go-to tool, but they are very workable.
jack
I'll never use a carbide insert milling cutter that takes turning inserts because the geometry and grades just aren't right for milling.

If it works for you and inserts are dirt cheap...go right ahead.

Anyone got a link to the maker of those? I don't think it's a good idea to screw down an insert that's got a straight hole, that's why screw-down inserts have a countersunk hole. Far more secure.
(04-14-2016, 01:22 PM)PixMan Wrote: I'll never use a carbide insert milling cutter that takes turning inserts because the geometry and grades just aren't right for milling.

If it works for you and inserts are dirt cheap...go right ahead.

Anyone got a link to the maker of those? I don't think it's a good idea to screw down an insert that's got a straight hole, that's why screw-down inserts have a countersunk hole. Far more secure.

That says it all !!!
I don't think these Cutters would be worth the trouble even if the Inserts are "dirt cheap".
Learnt our lesson Years ago when we tried converting a wooden Bandsaw into Metal Cutting. Was just not the same even with a Gear-driven Motor et al !!!
Thanks for the heads up.
However, would be nice to have had Your ideas on what's a good small sized 2-Insert Face Mill !!!
Kind regards
aRM
Thanks given by:
(04-14-2016, 02:09 PM)aRM Wrote: However, would be nice to have had Your ideas on what's a good small sized 2-Insert Face Mill !!!
Kind regards
aRM

Are you looking for a 2" face mill or are you wanting a 2" (90º) shoulder mill?

And how much would you be willing to invest for a high quality tool?
Thanks given by:
(04-15-2016, 05:39 AM)PixMan Wrote:
(04-14-2016, 02:09 PM)aRM Wrote: However,  would be nice to have had Your ideas on what's a good small sized 2-Insert Face Mill  !!!
Kind regards
aRM

Are you looking for a 2" face mill or are you wanting a 2" (90º) shoulder mill?

And how much would you be willing to invest for a high quality tool?

No, Sir
To recap - 2" we already have in a 3 Insert which (Walter) U asked us to purchase last year with the Inserts
We are thinking more on the lines of a One Incher with 2 Inserts and which ever will Machine faster on our Bridgeport clone - Face or 90 Degree Shoulder. U know better.
Yes - we also accept, as U stated elsewhere, Your commendable Tooling is always an (formidable) Investment, given that we will have to fork out Premium Currency conversion Rates - with ours in the doldrums presently.
Do let us have some ballpark figures to mull over. Like the man said - just depends how deep one can dig in one's pocket
And cut our cloth accordingly !!!
TIA
aRM
Thanks given by:
Hi aRM - are you going to use this mill up to a 90° shoulder or only ever face milling? The reason Ken asked is because a lot of face mills use inserts that will not enable you to mill up to a 90° shoulder.

If you take a look at the picture of the three mills in your original post, only the last one (triangular insert) would allow this.

You can face mill with a shoulder mill but you cannot always shoulder mill with a face mill.
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by: