Young Brothers steel stamp set.
Yep. The set I got has 36 stamps (A-Z, "&", 1-8 and 0) The "6" is also used as a "9" - which doesn't make any sense since the O (letter) looks exactly the same as the 0 (zero).   Rolleyes

So compared to Travers I would have to pay $15.00 more for their set, plus $16.00 shipping, to get fewer stamps (34)  for $30.00 over what I paid. Gonna take a pass on that.

I spent some time at the bench grinder (wire wheel) and brushed off all the nasty crud that was covering the stamps in my set.
They cleaned up well enough for what I need. I tested a few by stamping the refrigerant charge for my car's A/C system into one of the strut towers under the hood. I had put a label there when I converted it over to R-134A from R-12 years ago, but of course the ink had washed off of the label. I get tired of having to look up the charge again and doing the math for the conversion, so I wanted to mark it permanently.

Not the best test for a set of stamps because they caved in the sheet metal a bit, (no support on the back side) but they did leave a readable set of characters that I can see and won't fade away. Case closed.    Smile
Willie
Thanks given by:
oops! grasshopper did not read the fine print .
Magazines have issues, everything else has problems

Thanks given by:
I have a set of Young Bros steel stamps and they look nothing like that. Mine are sharp and work accordingly. I'm sure it's a matter of differing style/catalog numbers, and the ones bought were what they had too many of.
Thanks given by:
I specifically ordered the rounded face stamps because I like the look better than the sharp V imprints. I had a few receivers engraved at a local shop and they used a ball-end engraver in a 1930 - something Deckel pantograph machine. It looks so good I wanted stamps to do something similar. Well, as close as I can anyway.

They also have a dot-matrix style of stamps too. I have too many of those markings defacing a number of otherwise pristine items in my collection. Some importers/distributors seem to love them. Bleh
Willie
Thanks given by: