Walter Tool Catalogue
Can anyone please advise where I can download a copy of the Walter General catalogue for 2011 or earlier. 

The Walter Website seems to have only the 2012 Catalogue which does not list earlier model cutters such as F2280 etc
Thanks
Ron
ronboult, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Aug 2013.
Thanks given by:
Have you contacted them via their web site or your local distributor?
Thanks given by:
Hi Dr Stan
Tried that
My local distributor in the Pacific region is in Singapore and not getting meaning fun response to my Q. I think they are only an agent not Walter.

If I can't find a download site will have to try Water Germany
Cheers
Ron
Thanks given by:
It is fairly straightforward:

1 - go to http://www.walter-tools.com/
2 - click on "Downloads" (towards the bottom of the page)
3 - You will then see all of their literature, the catalogs are listed there. There is an US and metric version, as well as a supplementary catalog for both US and metric.

You can also download the app for the Walter eLibrary if you so desire:

1 - go to http://www.walter-tools.com/
2 - click on the "Apps & Software" under the "Downloads" heading
3 - Click on eLibrary
4 - Select the platform you wish to use
5 - Unzip and install the software
6 - Select the catalog and browse away
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
Sorry Mayhem but the earliest catalogue is on the Walter downloads is 2012 which does not list the cutters I am interested in. I need one of their earlier catalogues which does not appear to be on their download site- only list the 2012 Cat.
Ron
Thanks given by:
Good reading on my part Slaphead I have their 2007 catalog but nothing between then and 2012. I'd be happy to email it to you (39KB) if you PM me your email address.

The best option would be to wait until Ken (PixMan) sees this post, has he collects manuals from a number of manufacturers, including Walter. List the particular tool as well, as I know they changed the part numbers on some to reflect the new finish on the tool.
Thanks given by:
Unbelievable. I just checked and don't have a digital copy of the 2007 catalog, just the hardcopy version.

I should be able to find it later, don't have time right now.

My collection is huge. I had upgraded my PC to Win10 and though everything is still here, I don't always find it quickly.
Thanks given by:
Hi Mayhem
A while ago on Pixmans advice I bought a F4080.B16.050Z04.03 face mill which uses ODMT/ ODHT 0504 size inserts. I really appreciate the quality and performance of this cutter/ insert combination. It gives the best finish/ performance of any of my cutters.
Unfortunately I have been searching patiently for some Alu specific inserts such as ODHT0504ZZN-G88 WK10 or WXN15 without any success. This size /type combination appears quite rare.

The larger ODHT0605ZZN-G88 WK10 or WXN15 are available and I purchased some with the hope of finding a comparable cutter head.
The F4080's don't come up regularly second hand ( I can't afford new) so I have been looking looking looking for an older model F2280 in 65/75 mm size specifically for machining Alu.
Unfortunately I can find no info on the model # that takes 0605 size inserts hence my search for an older catalogue that lists F2280 Face mills and others
Ron.
Thanks given by:
Hang in there Ron - Ken will be able to help.
Thanks given by:
Sorry I haven't been back here lately. The F4080 and older F2280 cutters both take ODxT0605ZZN inserts, whenever the last pair of digits in the nomenclature written on the cutter body is ".04". For those cutters ending in ".03", those take the smaller ODxT0504ZZN inserts. What that last pair of digits signifies is the maximum depth of cut per pass. To be clear, the two different size inserts are NOT interchangeable.

It is true that the larger insert is far more common to find.

When you find inserts labeled ODMT050408 or ODMT060508 rather than having the "ZZN" suffix, that just means they are a radius corner and lack the .002" wide "wiper" flat where it meets the surface being milled. They're a little stronger for rough milling but can't leave as nice of a finish.

As I understand it, the two main differences between an F2280 and the newer version F4080 is the obvious nickel plating on the new one but also about 1mm thicker behind the insert as evidenced by specifying a longer screw now.
Thanks given by: