Pressure Washer
That was plan A, Al, or maybe plan A-1, A-1 was developed when I realized they were going to hit each other. Didn't think it would look right tilted and was concerned about the oil level.
The screws that go through the motor would only have been threaded into the aluminum about 1/4 inch, they're better in the steel studs anyway.
Got the pump mounted to the wall and some of the water line ran. Need to get to town for conduit to run a 220 circuit over there and some more fittings.
[Image: IMG_2167.jpg]
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by:
Looking good Greg.
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by: f350ca
Smiley-signs009

It has an added benefit as well. Nobody is going to bother to ask to "borrow" that pressure washer. Big Grin
Willie
Thanks given by:
Had the pump in the corner of the shop, there was no room for a real, decided coiling the hose would get old and messy quick so today I made a real and moved the pump over too a open part of the wall.
[Image: IMG_2169.jpg]
Greg
Thanks given by:
Nice Greg.

How have you made the high pressure rotating joint? I need to do the same - I've got an old fire hose reel to adapt, but mine is a diesel steam cleaner (*) so the joint needs to take pressure and heat.

(*) it's actually an ex military portable (pallet sized) nuclear decontamination unit, a Karcher MPDS.
Andrew Mawson, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Oct 2013.
Thanks given by:
Jeez, Greg, don't you sleep or eat?
Thanks given by:
A buddy gave me a nearly new gas powered pressure washer that didn't get drained and froze the pump head. (if anyone needs a nearly new 6 HP vertical shaft engine?). Anyway i stole the swivel out of it, just has a simple O-ring with back-up washers seal, we'll see how it lasts.
Oh Yah Al, Im a lot better at eating and sleeping than machining.
Greg
Thanks given by:
Decided to go with a contactor for the on off so needed to make an enclosure for the relay and 24 volt transformer. The plasma does an incredible job of cutting sheet metal. With a 40 amp nozzle it cuts slower thus giving sharper corners. Used an old shelf from a office cabinet.

[Image: IMG_2170.jpg]
 Ran conduit over for the 220 supply, wasn't sure on the electrical code, think you need a disconnect switch if its more than a few feet from the service panel so I added a plug in. Finished the plumbing and its good to go. 

[Image: IMG_2172.jpg]

Works like a charm, fairly quiet. Still need some sort of cage or shelf to hold a detergent bottle.

Thanks for watching.
Greg
Thanks given by:
I was gonna ask you about a soap source.
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by:
Looks very neat. What ever your local code / regulations are, it's a good idea to have a local disconnect to allow easy servicing and testing.
Andrew Mawson, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Oct 2013.
Thanks given by: