Surface plate in a roll around tool box
(10-03-2016, 06:57 PM)f350ca Wrote: Your probably going to have to clean it off before use no matter where you put it. After all its a flat surface,

That was my thought exactly- only way I could have a surface plate that didn't need clearing every time I want to use it would be to hang it up vertically- even then I'd probably have to clear junk off the top edge before I could put it down flat.
Lathe (n); a machine tool used in the production of milling machine components.

Milling Machine (n); a machine tool used in the production of lathe components.
Thanks given by:
(10-03-2016, 06:57 PM)f350ca Wrote: Your probably going to have to clean it off before use no matter where you put it. After all its a flat surface,

That's probably true Greg but I'm finding this cart to be very useful for wheeling close to the mill or lathe and having the tools I need for the job on the top surface ready to use. It saves walking around the shop looking for the tool I need for the next operation. I think I'm going to mount the surface plate on a pull-out device of some sort underneath the new work bench (which I haven't built yet). I've got a 200lb capacity pull-out, full extension device that's perfect for the job.

Ed
Thanks given by:
That should work. I was thinking before I read that was to use a typewriter lift. Like what used to be in a desk.
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by:
Is this possible, I have a first surface mirror, out of a copier the glass is .75 inch thick, and 16in square.

First surface meaning it is ground to reflect a measured image, that is exactly the same size as the original. Can it be used as a flat surface?

greg
Magazines have issues, everything else has problems

Thanks given by:
This is the one I've got.

http://www.rockler.com/centerlinereg-lif...wer-slides

Ed
Thanks given by:
Those are good rails, love you long time. Were a standard part on some equipment I work on years back.
Magazines have issues, everything else has problems

Thanks given by: