Notes about "How To's" / "Tutorials"
Some of these "How To's" and "Tutorials" do not show any discussions, however reference is always made to the original Thread if applicable where the full discussions can be seen.

Also note at the bottom of all Threads there is View a Printable Version this allows the whole Thread (but not the photo's) to be printed.

There is (free) software available that will allow one to save the Thread as a PDF file.
Thanks given by: Highpower
Dave,

Very kind of you, thank you!!Worthy

Jerry.Popcorn
ETC57, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2012.
Thanks given by:
(05-14-2012, 08:20 AM)DaveH Wrote: There is (free) software available that will allow one to save the Thread as a PDF file.

Dave,

Do you have a reference to the software? Does it do the photos? And will it work on other BBS's?

Thanks,
Arvid
Thanks given by:
Arvid

I'm sure there are other's but this is the one most use http://www.cutepdf.com/

CutePDF Writer (Freeware)

The way it works is as a pseudo printer, it prints to a PDF file using the CutePDF as a 'printer'

It does photos, drawings etc.,

It should be noted however attachment photo's in the posts will not download as photo's only as [attachment 1234].
Photo's with a URL address will download as photo's.
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
(05-15-2012, 07:28 AM)DaveH Wrote: Arvid

I'm sure there are other's but this is the one most use http://www.cutepdf.com/

CutePDF Writer (Freeware)

The way it works is as a pseudo printer, it prints to a PDF file using the CutePDF as a 'printer'

It does photos, drawings etc.,

It should be noted however attachment photo's in the posts will not download as photo's only as [attachment 1234].
Photo's with a URL address will download as photo's.
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH

Bummer. I have CutePDF. I was thinking that the tool you were talking about would retrieve a thread, extract the prose and pictures and create a PDF.

Of course that would imply that the software could parse the HTML , determine the prose from all the other stuff, capture the pictures and then create a PDF document. An application smarter than I am on some evenings.
Thanks given by:
(05-15-2012, 06:52 PM)arvidj Wrote: Bummer. I have CutePDF. I was thinking that the tool you were talking about would retrieve a thread, extract the prose and pictures and create a PDF.

Of course that would imply that the software could parse the HTML , determine the prose from all the other stuff, capture the pictures and then create a PDF document. An application smarter than I am on some evenings.

RotflRotflRotfl
I think we are still waiting for that software Rotfl
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by:
Hi
The nearest I have found for this type of `collecting` is an online converter. I have a small tool bar icon on my browser so that I can simplify the process although you can just add the URL into the we page. Once the URL is added, you then wait for the other computer to covert and then it makes it available to download to you.
Its at Web 2 PDF best of all its free! Thumbsup
Also might be of interest to you, if you need to add some PDF`s together, another free program is PDF Merge
I have found both to work well Smile
Andy Popcorn

b4dyc, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Apr 2012. Oh yeah
Thanks given by:
Andy,
That's useful the know -thanks Smile
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
Thanks given by: