Help RF45 (clone ) R8 spindle wanted.
First of all hello to everyone, I am new here having found this wonderful site while looking for help in rebuilding the gearbox on my mill. This is another of the RF45 ( clones )   sold here in the UK.
It is a new mill, and my first job was to strip and clean all the bedways. That done I removed the head unit and stripped all internals. I found all the usual problems of brown muck on everything and lots of metal swarf and casting sand.
I have just sent off an order for new quality bearings and oil seals ready for the rebuild.
Even though this is new, some of the sealed bearings feel very notchy and rough when turned.

My main problem is that the spindle fited is MT4 and I want to change for an R8 as I already have a lot of R8 tooling from a Bridgeport clone we have.

My question is, does anyone have an R8 spindle they could sell me ?  Or suggest where I can get one from.

I have been told by one supplier of spares in Holland that I need to change the quill as well as the spindle to make the change but no reason was given for this, I suspect it was so they could ask a lot more money for it.  They were quoting 350 euros plus another 115 for shipping and all that subject to VAT at 21%. That adds up to over 560 euros. $620us  £470 .

Rediculous...

Please can anyone help .

John
Thanks given by:
Hi I have the same mill I got mine from Waco they maybe able to get you a R8 replacement http://www.warco.co.uk/ mine is a R8
mfletch, Try to do the best you can and that's good enough
Thanks given by:
I was looking at an index mill and they would let you send in the spindle and they would grind it to an R8, MAYBE they will do one for your mill as well
Thanks given by: