mmm confused
The surface area is the killer. The more surface area, the more oxidation. The more oxidation the more crap.

If you were wash the brass chips 110% clean and then compress them into blocks, and get them to melt without falling apart first you may get something useful. Utopia aside, I'd see if you can weigh it in for scrap. However here in Perth, I now have to separate my steel swarf from other steel scrap as it is no longer viable for scrap merchants to pay the same price given the loss they will take on the swarf.

Aluminium cans are another waste of time when melting. Most of the weight is the printed label. Best weighed in for scrap and use the coin to buy stock.

One thing I did recently was email a bunch of machine shops and enquire about purchasing their drops and offcuts from them. Given that the arse seems to have fallen out of the mining boom, many are happy to get some cash. I purchased a decent sized box of 6160 aluminium 1018, 1045 and 4140 steel and some SS rod for $50 off of their stock racks. I was allowed to dumpster dive in the scrap metal bin outside for free. That is the only benefit of the plummeting price of scrap steel, as he probably has to pay for them to remove it.
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
will try that mayhem .I can remember yrs ago we[club] use to get the copper wire from the refit outs of the power stations here .would get 2 over flowing box trailers full of copper wire .it was still in the plastic cover though and thank god there are ppl called noms lol to cut it off .got good money back then .

I get my 6061 from a scrap yard in bundy its abit hexy but if I was to buy off ebay freight would kill it .my last home backed onto the river an after 2010 floods there was so much scrap me an the sons would get 160 per ton for it now I wouldn't get fuel money .I not to sure bout brass pe=rice but I think its 9 dollar a kilo no one has brass bar only hex rod here an they wont do a 30cm bit ect only reason I save the leftovers is so I can use the 2 new furnaces I made if I put the alloy in with 20 old pistons from Harley twincams I should get a bit of 2inch dia by 12inch long also allowing for I think 2 to 3 percent shrinkage
Thanks given by: