AXA QCTP Blocks
Jack

Good idea, the mod for the boring bar mount and blocks makes a lot of sense. Like these kind of posts, informative going to file that one for later.
greg
Magazines have issues, everything else has problems

Thanks given by:
Jack - have you ever had any of the CDCO tool holders not fit?

When I was in the US in September, I picked up a number of tool holders for a friend of mine who has an AXA wedge QCTP. He was waiting on the arrival of some decent dog point set screws, which arrived on the weekend and when using his lathe yesterday, we discovered that none of them fit.

We are going to try to adjust the cam so that the wedges close up a little tighter together and hopefully that will fix the issue. If not, I'll have to figure out how to dress a wheel on my surface grinder and open the dovetails a little. Either that or I see some long, tedious stoning in my mate's future!
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
No, I haven't had any issues, some of the blocks seem a tad bit tighter than others, but none of them, so far, have not been usable.
jack
Thanks given by:
I have blocks from Aloris, Dorian, Shars, Grizzly, CDCO and possibly from a few other suppliers, all of them seem to be roughly between .010" to .012" slop from end to end on the Dorian tool post with the handle in the full open position 2:30-3 o'clock), with the exception of the two Dorian blocks, I have, they have roughly .020" to .022" slop, they also require the handle to be moved furthest to lock in position, to the 5:30-6 o'clock position, where all the others, the handle is in the 4 o'clock position.

When I had the Aloris QCTP on the lathe, the blocks all fit, the handle movement was very similar, when they were locked down.
jack
Thanks given by:
I've seen a number of the CDCO AXA tool holders not fit. I put them on the mill and open the dovetail a few thou and they're good to go. I also have some that fit the piston type and not the wedge (I have one on each lathe - oddly enuf the wedge is on the mini lathe and the piston is on the Logan).
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by: