Mueller Falling Block
I wanted to build one of these for the last 19 some years. Actually got some 4140 cut to size by my son in the high school machine shop. Then I lost time and the metal to be made was missing also. Yadda yadda this and that happened in my life and I gave up building everything. Couldn't get down my steps to get to my machines and was going to check into a nursing home for a while until I got better. Then I changed 3 things in my life and started getting better. Good enough to quit my good job and get another one closer to home. I don't weld at work anymore as I am in sales at my local welding supply store. I don't proclaim to know everything about welding but its a good job with AC in the office :). So anyways I started a thread a few years back about starting a Mueller FB but pretty much never went anywhere with it. So I deleted the thread and can't get that rifle out of my head. Went down in the basement today and found all of my fixtures I had made to build this rifle. So its going back on the front burner and will be built. Now I just need to remember where I left off. So pics will be coming...Bob
Bob Wright
Metal Master Fab
Salem Ohio
Birthplace of the Silver and Deming drill bit.
5 Lathes, SBL Shaper, Lewis Mill, 7 drill presses, 5 welders...
Thanks given by:
Great to hear Bob. I'm looking forward to seeing it come together.

-Ron
11" South Bend lathe - Wells-Index 860C mill - 16" Queen City Shaper
Thanks given by:
Was just looking to form the rear of the receiver similar to my H&R rifle. I have lots of extra wood for them. Even the forearm could prob be made to suit...Bob
Bob Wright
Metal Master Fab
Salem Ohio
Thanks given by:
Still thinking .45 acp since I already load for it and a barrel blank is cheap...Bob
Bob Wright
Metal Master Fab
Salem Ohio
Thanks given by:
I'll be interested to follow your progress!
Thanks given by:
I happened to find a 3D cad drawing for the Mueller falling block receiver - https://grabcad.com/library/mueller-fall...k-receiver   

FWIW

-Ron
11" South Bend lathe - Wells-Index 860C mill - 16" Queen City Shaper
Thanks given by: aametalmaster
(09-28-2016, 04:44 PM)ScrapMetal Wrote: I happened to find a 3D cad drawing for the Mueller falling block receiver - https://grabcad.com/library/mueller-fall...k-receiver   

FWIW

-Ron

Nice. Thanks Ron...Bob
Bob Wright
Metal Master Fab
Salem Ohio
Thanks given by: