D.T.I.fix
hi all not posted in a wile I was sent three D.T.I.s threw the post have fixt two of them the third will be used in a video that john will be posting on haw to repair your D.T.I  in all the two that I fixt wher ok just needed my loving tuch  thank's   Rick O Shea for the D.T.I.s right pics

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

krv3000, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2012.
Thanks given by:
Graemlin

Ed
Thanks given by:
thanks EdK
Thanks given by:
Great job as usual.

Where do I get replacement crystals? I recently got a couple of measuring tools that need some TLC. One is a long travel indicator with a broken lens that seems to work ok. Another is a depth indicator that is sticky.

What should I know first before taking one apart and attempting to fix?
Collecting tools for 30 years.
Thanks given by:
hi danH the lenses i make not hard to do just got to be pashent in making them if the lense is flat ie no cuve just use a replasment lense that you get for welding helmets leev the protektive fillm on cover both sides with masking tape cut out the lense make it fit once it fits nice remove the tape and protective fillm and fit the lense if the lense has a cuve to it you need a heet gun a jar a ball get a jar that is just a bit biger than the lense then a ball that just sits on top of the jar the ball needs to be a hard one say sumthing like a pool tabel ball get the welding helmet lense and remove the protective covering off both sides get your heet gun and wame up the welding helmet lense till it becums sofft be cerful as to mutch heet will make the plastick bubel once soft plase over the open end of the jar and then prees dawn with the ball this will give you the cuve for the lense let it cool dawn then make it fit use metel polish to remove scratsches that you may have made to the lense as for the taking a part be pashent do not fors anithing a part DO NOT use any harmfull cleners that may remove pant  all i use is I.P.A or rubing alcohol sos for spelling as im crap

and my saying is if its broken then ther ant no harm in having a go at fixing it  hop this helps
Thanks given by:
Thanks krv
Collecting tools for 30 years.
Thanks given by:
The man is a master!
Mike

SB 10K (1976) Rockwell vertical mill (1967) Rockwell 17" drill press (1946) Me (1949)
Thanks given by: