Project Bridgeport Rebuild
Moved the column into the shed this weekend and plonked the knee on. Next job is to rebuild the lube system.

Thanks given by:
Nice looking paint job.
Thanks given by:
Thanks, it was my first time using an HVLP gun and it turned out ok.

I've made so many mistakes so far with this project but it's still a lot of fun. Latest cock up was I got a bit carried away with the body filler and seem to have lost the one shot lube holes. Time to go exploring!
Thanks given by:
(10-24-2016, 03:41 PM)Old Minger Wrote: I got a bit carried away with the body filler and seem to have lost the one shot lube holes.

Rotfl Sounds like something I'd do.

Ed
Thanks given by:
More action today!
Put the turret on the column.

Now I'm waiting for some parts for the lube system so next job will be to bolt it to the floor. Should I wait until the table is on before I level it up?

Oh yeh, I'm still looking for those bloody lube holes!
Thanks given by:
Nice finish! Switched to HVLP a few years ago, huge difference in the overspray in the shop, and quantity of paint used. Ive never bothered to bolt mine down, will level it one day though.
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by:
(10-26-2016, 07:20 PM)Old Minger Wrote: Now I'm waiting for some parts for the lube system so next job will be to bolt it to the floor. Should I wait until the table is on before I level it up?

The short answer is yes.  BTW, I recommend installing some leveling jack screws in the holes in the base.  If you did so now, it would be a whole lot easier.  You should also re-level after you have assembled all the big stuff.  Head, ram, etc.

If you look closely at the corners of the base that's what I did on my Fray.

[Image: DSCN0924.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Need to order some parts for the Bridgeport mill. Anybody got any recommendations for good reliable suppliers?

Thanks
John
Thanks given by:
(11-28-2016, 12:46 AM)Old Minger Wrote: Need to order some parts for the Bridgeport mill. Anybody got any recommendations for good reliable suppliers?

Thanks
John

http://lostcreekmachine.com/ carries new & used BP parts.
Thanks given by:
(11-28-2016, 12:46 AM)Old Minger Wrote: Need to order some parts for the Bridgeport mill. Anybody got any recommendations for good reliable suppliers?

Thanks
John

http://www.machinerypartsdepot.com/

Ed
Thanks given by: