AR-15 Build
Ray Brandes literally wrote the book on machining raw forgings for the AR15. Here it is:

Machining the AR15 Lower Receiver Forging

Tom
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
I did my first two ar's on my square column mill without a DRO, download the Ray Vin write up if you can't find it holler at me and I'll send it your way.
dallen, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Apr 2012.

If life seems normal, your not going fast enough! Tongue
Thanks given by:
Are all of you referring to the same write up? Tom's link pointed to the same one that the page for the lower Ed just bought had a link to. Dallen's referring to the Ray Vin write up and a google search takes you to the same thing! "ray brandens complete ar 15 build" So I guess that's the one to go by?
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by:
They are one and the same.

Tom
Thanks given by:
Yup, I've already got that PDF file. I found it yesterday while perusing the internet for AR15 build info.

Ed
Thanks given by:
Totally illegal here. Each receiver must have a serial number on it and you must have a licence to have one in your possession (doesn't matter if there is no barrell etc).
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
You'll have to build one over here Darren. I would be glad to shoot it for you. :)

Tom
Thanks given by:
(10-26-2016, 07:07 AM)Mayhem Wrote: Totally illegal here. Each receiver must have a serial number on it and you must have a licence to have one in your possession (doesn't matter if there is no barrell etc).

Over this side of Oz I don't think it's even possible to get such a license. I'm probably being watched now just for clicking on the link.
Lathe (n); a machine tool used in the production of milling machine components.

Milling Machine (n); a machine tool used in the production of lathe components.
Thanks given by:
Got it.

Ed

Thanks given by:
Have you thought about a lower parts kit yet? I'm looking at this one: http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/Anderson...er-lpk.htm What they don't say in the listing is the trigger and hammer are blackened stainless steel, it's made to mil spec, and 100% made in the USA. That vendor is made up of vets.
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by: