AR-15 Build
(11-25-2017, 07:03 PM)EdK Wrote: Reviving an old post.

These are the parts I have so far besides the 0% raw forgings.

Ed

What? You're not done yet??? Big Grin
Willie
Thanks given by:
(11-25-2017, 11:10 PM)preeber Wrote: I just watched a series on youtube by a guy named Joe Pieczynski where he took a block of aluminum and made a lower out of it. His channel is his name.

Joe is one heck of a good CNC machinist that's for sure. I think it's a shame he put all that work into a piece of soft 6061 but hey, that's just me. Different strokes.
Willie
Thanks given by:
I just noticed a video from Joe Pie that he's planning on taking down his AR build videos in compliance with YouTube's new gun policies.

You Tube will gladly show videos of war and gangster films mowing down armies of bad guys, but heaven forbid you show someone actually making something useful.
Thanks given by:
Oh good grief! What a bunch of pansies! WTF!!!!

Ed
Thanks given by:
Now, now Ed. That is a derogatory term that we don't use anymore. To prevent any hurt feelings we refer to them as "snowflakes" now since they are each special and unique and have to be handled very gingerly. Gotta be PC you know.

Years ago ebay took on the same kind of policy. They have not made a penny off of me as a seller since. Photobucket and their little extortion scheme are dead to me as well.

But since people are using Youtube as their own little cash cow now, it's interesting to see which ones bow down to them and which ones stick to their principles and move on to the newer platform out there. Smiley-gen163
Willie
Thanks given by:
I don't think any of my videos will fall under their scrutiny....yet, but I am looking into alternatives just the same. Patreon is high on the list. I suspect that like any other corporation taking it upon themselves beat us lowly *** lovers into submission, it will cut much deeper into their bottom line than they ever imagined.

Tom
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
I hope you put the *** in there and not the forum.
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by:
(05-12-2018, 12:09 PM)Vinny Wrote: I hope you put the *** in there and not the forum.

That word isn't in the list of banned words so we're safe. Smile

Ed
Thanks given by:
I sort of felt it was a bad word lately, so i was being a snowflake. Big Grin
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
Misc pics from my first raw forging that got lost in the Photo Bucket fiasco.
Willie
Thanks given by: