I Need To Go Back To Work - Soon!!
the title sez it all, I need to go back to work, soon!!, I can't afford to surf the internet all day. Between, Craiglist, sales brochures (MSC/Enco, Shars, Whloesale Tools, etc), the local swap sites, banner ads, forum links and carrier pigeon messages.

I'm severely bored, the only break in the boredom, has been Youtube videos (This Old Tony, Tom's Techniques and some others), that and the pain killing drug induced semi-comatose afternoons, where I wake up from my naps to go to sleep.

Maybe my judgement has been altered, my tool purchasing has escalated to alarming levels. Here is the short list of stuff, I've ordered, acquired and/or somehow arrived

150 - Valenite CCMT 21.51 uncoated inserts  ($50)
50 - 16ER A G60 Carballoy threading inserts ($50) 
3 - boring bar sets ($100)
2 - 5 hp Inverter VFDs
1 - Schaublin 13 milling horizontal/vertical machine, lots of like new horizontal cutters, 3 mill vises, 3 ER collet x Cat30/ISO30 arbors (ER16, ER 25, ER 32, with scads of collets. ($5500)
1 - Victor 14 x 40 lathe (very similar to the 14 x 40 Jet, I already have)  ($3000)
3 - Tons (yes, tons) misc Grade hardware (nuts, bolts, washers, etc)  ($500)
9 - 5 gallon pails of drills, end mills, lathe tools, taps, dies, clamps, R-8 collets, carbide inserts and who knows what, (factory closing) ($500 in cash, small bills in a sealed envelope)

Another 3-4 weeks of this, I'll have to sell the wife and the dogs to have food on the table.
jack
Thanks given by:
You got some good deals out of it though. Thumbsup

Ed
Thanks given by:
Sounds like you need to get busy with CAD so you can make a new layout of your shop.  That should consume at least a couple of days.   Big Grin
Thanks given by:
sell the wife  Thumbsup
krv3000, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Feb 2012.
Thanks given by:
Feel free to continue doing what you're doing. I'll send you my shipping address by PM.
Mike

SB 10K (1976) Rockwell vertical mill (1967) Rockwell 17" drill press (1946) Me (1949)
Thanks given by:
A car will be at the house at 5 am, Tuesday morning, I have to ride 3 hours to a job, find out why the minions are stumped on the new control upgrade, get them going, then come home. So no internet shopping tomorrow.
jack
Thanks given by:
You'll want to stay away from the facebook group Machine Tools Buy and Sell USA.
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by:
I've hit an all time low, I bought a new ER 32 x R8 collet adapter, from China for $35.00. I got to see what this looks like..........
jack
Thanks given by:
Yea, Jack you better get back to work soon!

Ed
Thanks given by: