Help 6" Fortis/Clausing lathe
This is my setup on the Fortis as is,excuse my ignorance but where does the 127 tooth go . 

THanks gor all the replies it's be great . Thumbsup

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
(12-09-2016, 08:42 PM)Vinny Wrote: I don't recommend buying gears from Logan.  If it's not in ready stock, you'll wait a month or more.  May as well buy from China and have it shipped to the US.  Actually that might be quicker!  They're expensive too.  In the US, I've been using American Metric (ametric.com) for gears.  Inexpensive, they accept paypal, and they're fast.

I agree with Vinny.  One exception is that I source from Boston Gear.  Contact your local dealer or order straight from Boston.  Can't remember how many years I toted that Boston Gear catalog, pre-internet.  The thing was bigger than a NYC phone book and should have come with a truss.
Thanks given by:
One of the many projects on my list is to make the missing 127-tooth gear for my Kobe lathe. To be honest though, I can only recall one occasion thus far when I wanted to cut a metric thread, as Mayhem said when you are making something where you are cutting both the male and female parts, you just pick a suitable thread for the job. It's only if you have to make a part to fit an existing metric thread that it becomes a problem.

Hopefully someone will be able to tell you where the 127-tooth gear goes in your gear train. However, you may well be able to source a copy (or reproduction) of the original manual for the lathe of you search a bit. (Having said that, the manual may not concern itself with metric threads).
Lathe (n); a machine tool used in the production of milling machine components.

Milling Machine (n); a machine tool used in the production of lathe components.
Thanks given by:
I'm also planning a 4 jaw bigger than the 6" 3 jaw so I'm able to hold ill shaped parts ,maybe go up to an 8"  . How much bigger would you recommend ,my Fortis has roller tapered bearings that i plan on renewing before i go for the 4 jaw .
Information junkie  Thumbsup
Thanks given by:
Well I ordered a back plate a Pratt Burnerd 4 jaw chuck today so hopefully I'll get it all set up at the weekend .

Sean
Information junkie  Thumbsup
Thanks given by: