UK Cutting oil
Hi Guys.

After successfully selling Engine Oil, Hydraulic Oil etc for a while I have just started dipping my toe in the industrial oil market.

I could do with some honest feedback on prices.
My Neat cutting oil is coming out at £0.61 per litre.
My Soluble Cutting oil is coming out at £0.95 per litre.
& Compressor Oil (46) around £0.85 per litre.

Is this to expensive or just about what everyone is paying?

Cheers
Dave.
Thanks given by:
Inc VAT & Delivery or are they extras?
Andrew Mawson, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Oct 2013.
Thanks given by:
Hi Andrew - No that's just the oil price I would have to add VAT on those prices.
I did a little research on Ebay but they are asking stupid high prices so not much help.

Cheers
Dave
Thanks given by:
Hi Dave 

Why not just come straight out with the sales pitch 

http://www.midlandslubricants.co.uk/meta...ing-fluid/

Are you just here to get sales or do you have an interest in metalwork ?    

Rob  Big Grin
Thanks given by:
It would be great if you could fill a niche market which does not seem to have been tapped for those who are hobbyists, dabble in model engineering, or have small shops. To my frustration, I've found that here in the UK most industrial oils are sold in bulk quantities, such as in 20 litre containers, which is uneconomic for many. As an example, I searched and searched for a source for Tellus 37 or 46 hydraulic fluid to replace the gear oil in my Mill. I finally found it at a tractor dealer, only it was sold in quantities far beyond my needs. The guy behind the counter called one of his customers, explained my situation, and I was able to acquire two litres which was more than I needed. I'm confident a supplier of smaller quantities could do a good business once the word gets out. Food for thought anyway ?
Mike
Thanks given by:
Mike 

You can buy just about any grade of oil in any quantity down to as little as a  Ltr on Ebay 

Example  Big Grin

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ISO-46-HYDRAUL...tZwrrQFTZw
Thanks given by:
Thank you Rob, I had not seen that.  Slaphead    
Guess I'm just a Tourist, but I'm still happy to put some of my retirement money into the economy here. Smile
Mike
Thanks given by:
No worries Mike , happens to me ALL the time  Slaphead

Retirement ! whats that lol .   So are you  Welsh and retired to sunny California  ?  

Rob
Thanks given by:
I'm part Welsh, love it here and currently spend about half of each year living on both sides of the pond. The Sun is about the only thing in California I really miss, but then the Med and sandy beaches are only a short flight away.  My wife and I are restoring an old stone cottage as a retirement project, and in the future we will most likely spend more time here where the water is pure, the air is clean, and there are new life adventures to experience.

Ok, sorry to drift off topic.

Dave, when you add in VAT and shipping or postage, that's where prices hurt the average consumer. The word price has always been a misnomer. "Price" should mean the total outlay. Ahh, take me back the old days, where you could walk into a bricks and mortar shop and get what you needed for the amount on written on the sticker.
Mike
Thanks given by:
Hi Rob,

It's wasn't meant as a sales pitch, but I can see where you are coming from - As I said I've started to dip my toe in the Industrial oils markets as I thought they were over priced from what I could tell.
A classic example is as mentions Tellus 46 which is in effect just ISO 46 hydraulic oil (£0.78 per litre), so I was just wondering and trying to find the level.
I worked in engineering for over 20 years, I know I don't look that old lol - manufacturing nuts bolts ect from semi precious metals such as Phosphor Bronze and metal pressing, laser cutting and pressbrakes supplying OEM Agricultural manufacturers, so still have a keen interest. If I can make a few quid great, but with a wealth of knowledge on procurement I'm also happy to try help out in other areas wherever possible.

Best wishes,
Dave.
Thanks given by: