Compressor upgrade
Looking for a nice upgrade for your compressor, how about auto drain? Have had this Moisture Minder installed for 5 years now. 

A couple of things to point out, auto dumps at the beginning and end of the pressure recovery, no electrical all pneumatic.  Can be mounted as seen above the drain valve height.

The original design and use of these are found in an air brake system, large trucks and emergency equipment, valves are made of stainless, no rust or clogging.

The other mod I made was the manual tank valve. Can see the petcock style valve, has been eliminated. Most know the petcock valve is guaranteed to seize at some point.

Notice that an icemaker water line tape valve is now used. Its advantage has a needle valve and seat, unlike the petcock commonalty found.
Magazines have issues, everything else has problems

Thanks given by:
Well done.   Thumbsup
Thanks given by:
Picked one up for $10 from Harbor Fright tonight and can't wait to try it out. It looks pretty bullet proof.

Tom
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
I've got the one from HF too but don't have the fittings to connect it. Keep forgetting to write down what I need when I go to home depot.
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by:
My $275.00 Champion has a built in dryer and an auto drain.   Tongue  Am I bragging, I guess so, sort of, kind of . Smiley-dancenana
Thanks given by:
I think you will find your compressors working pressure will be to much for the HF valve. 125 psi is pushing the HF as it is, if my memory is correct. I can tell you for sure 175s not going to cut it, it will be dumping pressure the whole recovery cycle.

Another something to mention better buy them in pairs. If the one you have works for a while and fails the next run of them will be different. They will look the same, however that's it.

Greg

Thanks given by:
(12-09-2016, 08:25 PM)TomG Wrote: Picked one up for $10 from Harbor Fright tonight and can't wait to try it out. It looks pretty bullet proof.

Tom

(12-09-2016, 10:09 PM)Vinny Wrote: I've got the one from HF too but don't have the fittings to connect it.  Keep forgetting to write down what I need when I go to home depot.

I have had the pleasure of going thru three of the HF units.  The worked well for 6 months to maybe a year before they stopped working. The valve would corrode to the point where it would not open and drain the tank. I was so happy with the constant need to replace them that I finally bought a non-HF electrical version with a timer.

I have successfully managed [excellent pharmacuiticals] to live with the depression [i.e. lack of pleasure] that comes with not having to mess with the damn thing for the last 5 years.

But you may have better luck with them than I did.

http://www.metalworkingfun.com/showthrea...2#pid44642

http://www.metalworkingfun.com/showthrea...8#pid44668

Arvid
Thanks given by:
I have one of the electric auto drain valves, every 2 hours, the valve blows for 5 seconds, air is relatively dry, but I still send it through the large desiccant filters, before using it
jack
Thanks given by:
(12-10-2016, 01:36 AM)Dr Stan Wrote: My $275.00 Champion has a built in dryer and an auto drain. 

Factoid:  Champion compressor is sold with the Moisture Minder as the auto drain, mounted up by the drive motor & pump.

Greg

Thanks given by:
Yesterday after reading some of the comments, I ordered a timer based auto drain. Won't be here for a while tho, it's coming from Hong Kong. But with shipping it was under $17.
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by: