Darwin Award nonimee
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PzPfzLeDa0

Too young & dumb to run a lathe
Thanks given by:
Prolly shouldn't even be walkin around!
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by:
20 years as a paramedic and I hate videos of people getting injured. I came across that one a couple of days ago- sounds like they're Russian?- the Russian traffic vids on youtube will make your hair curl.
Also came across a great Russian machining video a while back so the vodka fumes have apparently not affected the entire nation.
Lathe (n); a machine tool used in the production of milling machine components.

Milling Machine (n); a machine tool used in the production of lathe components.
Thanks given by:
On a positive note, videos like this could be included in feature length safety films, which might possibly help others from making similar mistakes.
Mike
Thanks given by:
(12-12-2016, 08:10 AM)Mike E. Wrote: On a positive note, videos like this could be included in feature length safety films, which might possibly help others from making similar mistakes.

I used the example of the guy who died from fume flu fever (arsenic poisoning) when teaching welding.
Thanks given by:
Back in 1970 when I was in High School, I remember there was an acid booth (small room) in the back corner of Metal Shop which had apparently been closed off for a long time. After one of the other students asked about it, our shop teacher decided to have a look. The lock was easily cut off, as it was metal shop after all, and we all laughed about it. A lot of nasty stuff was discovered inside, including a canister of Cynide.
Mike
Thanks given by:
(12-12-2016, 08:10 AM)Mike E. Wrote: On a positive note, videos like this could be included in feature length safety films, which might possibly help others from making similar mistakes.

Absolutely; there are lessons I will never forget from graphic safety videos I was shown in 1979. Like never have a lunchtime nap in the shade of an earthmoving truck wheel.
Lathe (n); a machine tool used in the production of milling machine components.

Milling Machine (n); a machine tool used in the production of lathe components.
Thanks given by:
What a dumb ass. He was a fraction of a second away from losing that leg or worse.
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
(12-12-2016, 05:48 PM)Pete O Wrote: .......... there are lessons I will never forget from graphic safety videos I was shown in 1979. Like never have a lunchtime nap in the shade of an earthmoving truck wheel.

That brought back a bad memory. I get the shakes just thinking about it. My buddy and I were climbing up a fire break while bowhunting on a quiet Saturday morning about forty years ago. When we got near the top, a box scraper barrelled over from the other side. All I could see was the underside, and jumped out of the way; the operator never had a clue we were there. We both got out of the away unscathed, but I never saw my bow again.
Mike
Thanks given by: