My homemade drilling and tapping arm
This is a quick video of the drilling and tapping arm I built for my shop. It is hydraulic. I can drill with it or tap. It has a reach over all of my welding table except for where the post is.

I don't know exactly how big of a tap it will drive as I only have up to 20 mm taps but it taps as if in butter at 20mm in steel.

https://youtu.be/glFhIVgZGQg
Thanks given by:
Very handy and nicely done BF ..... but that tapping spindle sounds ROUGH !
Andrew Mawson, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Oct 2013.
Thanks given by:
It is hydraulic not electric so it won't be real quiet. The hydraulic motor does sound rough. I don't know why and it is only in one direction.
Thanks given by:
Am I correct in assuming you do a lot of fabrication work on the table and your power head allows you to speed up the tapping?

Anthony.
ieezitin, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Jan 2013.
Thanks given by:
You would be correct Anthony.
Thanks given by:
Very neat BF. We need more photos, might want to steal you idea. Would sure be handy.
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by:
(01-06-2017, 06:02 PM)f350ca Wrote: Very neat BF. We need more photos, might want to steal you idea. Would sure be handy.

Greg, you can't steal something if it is being given away! What would you like to see? But I might not get to it right away. I have some woodworking to do first!

He says with an evil smile while wringing his hands! (I seem to remember you having to saunter off to finish some woodworking before you finished your processor.)
Thanks given by:
You got me BF.
Did you make the head ? An overall view would be nice. But don't give me too much info, I have other things I need to get done first. lol
I've got a horse barn to finish drawing up then maybe get the timbers cut over the winter.
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by:
(01-07-2017, 09:43 AM)f350ca Wrote: You got me BF.
Did you make the head ? An overall view would be nice. But don't give me too much info, I have other things I need to get done first. lol
I've got a horse barn to finish drawing up then maybe get the timbers cut over the winter.

Yes I made the head. I have the CAD drawings also so that will save you a bunch of time.
Thanks given by:
    Here is a picture.
Thanks given by: