Monrach EE Lathe
I have been considering buying a Monarch EE lathe for my shop but have not used one and would like any info you guys might have to steer me in the right direction as to what years and such to look for. I would really like to find one with good ways so that part of the machine could remain untouched but repainting and repairing a few things is fine.

Thanks
Jim
Thanks given by:
They were some of the most if not the most accurate lathes on the market when new.  They still rank at or at least near the top.  The primary issue seems to have been the failure of the tube type variable speed drive control unit.  That can be overcome with the installation of a DC motor & a variable speed motor control.  In good or better condition they are still quite accurate.  Primary limitation is size of the late.
Thanks given by:
Thanks Stan. Am correct in thinking they have a stop that can be set to kick the feed out? If so I wonder if that also works when threading.
Thanks given by:
(03-02-2017, 06:33 PM)Jim1611 Wrote: Thanks Stan. Am correct in thinking they have a stop that can be set to kick the feed out? If so I wonder if that also works when threading.

Its just been way too long since I ran a 10EE to remember about the stops.  I think it would be best to find a manual for the lathe to answer your questions.  The one lathe (not a 10EE) I ran that had a rapid threading device also had a feed stop and they were completely separate features.
Thanks given by:
Thanks again Stan. I'm sure there are some manuals online somewhere.
Thanks given by: