Please sir, may I have my ball back?
Some of you may recall I have a Kango hammer that I'm repairing.  I finally got the needle bearing that I wanted but I'm missing two balls from the 'open' bearing.  These are a strange size (certainly not metric).  Given that these don't turn very fast, is it worth trying to find a replacement, or should I just put it back together with one missing from each side?

Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
If it is Imperial I might have one.
mcostello, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Jul 2014.
Thanks given by: Mayhem
And we might ask, why are you looking at a racing form, instead of working? <grin>

But more important, who do you like in the third?
Mike

SB 10K (1976) Rockwell vertical mill (1967) Rockwell 17" drill press (1946) Me (1949)
Thanks given by:
Little Balls in the 3rd.
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by:
(04-07-2017, 02:11 PM)mcostello Wrote: If it is Imperial I might have one.

Thanks for the offer but probably not worth the effort given the distance and the customs form you would have to fill out Slaphead

I've probably got an old bearing kicking around that might be a suitable donor. I was more wondering if it would matter if a few were missing.
Thanks given by:
The inner race/bushing looks like it's cracked.
Full of ideas, but slow to produce parts
Thanks given by:
Yes - that is a thick washer that I need to make. It simply sits on top of the hub of the gear. After I picked up all the bits I reassembled it, so I could see what was missing.

Another post showing some more pics
Thanks given by: