Did you pay attention in school?
If I type the numbers exactly as shown into the calculator in a windows PC I get -1, which is what I would say the answer was as well. To me, taking the order of operation into account is a modern thing, and you should be told to do so if that is what is expected. Some calculators do, windows calculator doesn't
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the forum sossity!!!
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by:
(04-12-2017, 09:11 AM)Vinny Wrote: Welcome to the forum sossity!!!

Thanks Blush
Sorry, i have been lurking, not been keeping too well and unsure what's next.  Feeling old and it bothered me i got the "wrong" answer.  I still have a commodore red LED calculator from yore.  Oddly enough it does apply order of operations and I don't like it.  My newer LCD calculator does the same as windows.
Thanks given by:
(04-12-2017, 06:26 PM)sossity Wrote:
(04-12-2017, 09:11 AM)Vinny Wrote: Welcome to the forum sossity!!!

Thanks Blush
Sorry, i have been lurking, not been keeping too well and unsure what's next.  Feeling old and it bothered me i got the "wrong" answer.  I still have a commodore red LED calculator from yore.  Oddly enough it does apply order of operations and I don't like it.  My newer LCD calculator does the same as windows.

I just used google.
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by:
Math & science - yes.  Just about everything else - no and it showed.  I especially disliked English as I have Dyselxia and was not diagnosed until jr college.  HS GPA was around 2.6 whereas Undergrad was 3.6 both on 4.0 scales.

BTW, calculated the answer in my head and came up with -1 before the answer was posted.
Thanks given by: