Here's another one...
OK let's talk about SOHCAHTOA - anyone remember that one :)
Andrew Mawson, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Oct 2013.
Thanks given by:
(04-17-2017, 06:28 AM)awemawson Wrote: OK let's talk about SOHCAHTOA - anyone remember that one :)

Yep

Also C A S T goes with it.
Smiley-eatdrink004
DaveH
 a child of the 60's and 50's and a bit of the 40's Smile
Thanks given by:
Ok, there is still difference in solution to this. I say it is 100 others say no.

I asked my mathematician friend and he said 100. I googled for 20/2(5+5) and the first thing that popped up was a calculator with 100 as the answer. I put 20/2*(5+5) into my calculator and came up with 100, my calculator did not like me to not put the * in there.

Using the distributive property of mathematics does not mean that you do the 2*(5+5) first before the divide. The divide is first so you do it first. 20/2 = 10 and using distributive property you can do 10*5 + 10*5 = 50+50 = 100
Steve S
Check out MyShopNotes on youtube.
Thanks given by:
Interesting if I type 20/2(5+5) into my Texas Instruments TI-30X IIB scientific calculator it returns an answer of 100. Enter the exact same thing into the scientific calculator in Windows 7 and it returns an answer of 2.

Perhaps I won't be so judgemental when I see the reports of people being overdosed with their medication...
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
(04-17-2017, 09:39 AM)Mayhem Wrote: Interesting if I type 20/2(5+5) into my Texas Instruments TI-30X IIB scientific calculator it returns an answer of 100.  Enter the exact same thing into the scientific calculator in Windows 7 and it returns an answer of 2.

Perhaps I won't be so judgemental when I see the reports of people being overdosed with their medication...

In windows you need to add the * before the brackets. The calculator doesn't accept the 2(.
Steve S
Check out MyShopNotes on youtube.
Thanks given by:
OK Vinny if you have the time to post math questions I guess you must be bored.  How 'bout coming on down here & helping me get caught up on 2 years worth of delayed projects & tasks.   Idea

BTW, you're still shoveling snow right?  We've had 80 degrees F and have lots of flowers in bloom.
Thanks given by:
Actually it was 80 here Saturday and 70 the last two days. Now while I'd like to come down there and help, I've got doctors to see this week 'cuze I'm returning to work Monday. I gotta get back to work, as you found out it's expensive staying home recovering!
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by:
I understand.  Just saw an orthopedic surgeon and he passed me on to pain management.  The x-rays & MRI of my lower back are not what I would like to see.  Big part of the reason I retired early.

BTW, foot is much better, finally after 10 months. Even going without a bandage. Have a good sized dimple on the right heel, but that's OK. I'm not a foot model. :)
Thanks given by: