Shaper table extension
Angle plate bolted to the front vertical face of the box table will stiffen it markedly.
Andrew Mawson, proud to be a member of MetalworkingFun Forum since Oct 2013.
Thanks given by:
Nice work Pete. Those Chinese sets should be M12x1.75. The one that came with my mill is. Anyway, you have a lathe and a mill, so there is no excuse!
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
Yeah the really annoying thing with the hold-down sets is that the two sets have a different thread form but they are close enough that I can't tell them apart at a glance- particularly the studs and the t-nuts- so I keep getting the wrong bits together. Bought them both from the same machine shop clearing sale so they were probably driving someone else nuts before me. I keep promising myself a couple of new sets that are the same but I haven't kept that promise yet.
Lathe (n); a machine tool used in the production of milling machine components.

Milling Machine (n); a machine tool used in the production of lathe components.
Thanks given by:
(07-12-2017, 03:37 AM)awemawson Wrote: Angle plate bolted to the front vertical face of the box table will stiffen it markedly.

Probably need to run a bar under the plate where the index head sits then supports to the side of the table as the end of the table does not appear to be machined. Same effect.
Thanks given by:
Pete, find all the parts that work together and mark 'em. Spray paint could work. A couple of nicks with a grinder might be better.
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by:
(07-12-2017, 04:17 PM)Vinny Wrote: Pete, find all the parts that work together and mark 'em. Spray paint could work. A couple of nicks with a grinder might be better.

Not a bad idea Vinny, I should have thought of that before now. Might even get a chance to sort through them tomorrow.

Thanks given by:
On a side note to this thread, I finally got around to sorting out my hold-down hardware the other day. I discovered that in amongst all the M12 stuff (I have about 1.5 of those ubiquitous chinese sets), there were TWO 1/2"x13 T nuts, TWO 1/2"x13 hex nuts and TWO 1/2"x13x 3" studs. One or other of the damn things turned up so often I was convinced I had 2 mismatched sets. Needless to say, they have been culled from the herd.

Thanks given by: