Bought it; how do I use it?
So, in my usual, clueless purchase mode, I have taken posession of a Boyar-Schultz OC knurling and burnishing tool, with a set of straight knurls. It seemed like a good idea at the time...

So I'm sure I can fumble my way through, but if anybody has some suggestions or instructions, it would sure be a good thing! Oddly enough, nothing at all on YouTube. 

The first step will be figuring out how to hold it on the lathe. It has a 1" shank, but that's removeable, down to the 3/4" integral shank. IIRC, the South Bend has a 3MT in the tailstock, so I can get a collet that should work. 

Any further instruction will be gratefully accepted!  Worthy
Mike

SB 10K (1976) Rockwell vertical mill (1967) Rockwell 17" drill press (1946) Me (1949)
Thanks given by:
Without pictures you never got it.
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by:
I tried, but I can't figure out how to do it from the iPad.

But here's a link to the PM forum ad, with pics: http://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb/too...er-334199/

You'll just have to take my word for it, that it's in my house, now!
Mike

SB 10K (1976) Rockwell vertical mill (1967) Rockwell 17" drill press (1946) Me (1949)
Thanks given by:
It looks like it's for knurling the end of a piece of metal without having to center drill it. You'll have to figure out what size to turn the metal to so the knurls line up, then put it over your piece of metal and tighten the 3 screws. Oil it up and start knurling. But don't take my word for it, I've never even seen one of them!
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by:
Neat, with the straight shank would it maybe have been meant for a turret?
Free advice is worth exactly what you payed for it.
Greg
Thanks given by:
(04-27-2017, 08:36 AM)f350ca Wrote: Neat, with the straight shank would it maybe have been meant for a turret?

Quite possibly.
Mike

Thanks given by: