The GNAP Bought Another Milling Machine
As the title says, the GNAP bought another milling machine this morning. I bought a Rockwell 21-100 milling machine. A small knee mill, 5 spindle speeds and an R8 spindle.

I bought it from the ASME boiler shop, who bought it from a vocational school, where it sat unused for 20 or so years, it needs some TLC, table is tight, knee is smooth and its got some surface rust on the table, So it needs a good cleaning.

The mill is small, very similar in size to the Atlas/Clausing 8500 series mills (made by Johansson). the table is 6" x 24", it a knee mill that sets on a pedestal about 18" high, overall about 7' tall and about 800#, now I have to con, my friend Norm, in to helping me pick it up with the trailer.
jack
Thanks given by:
It's a nice mill. I have one, too.
Mike

SB 10K (1976) Rockwell vertical mill (1967) Rockwell 17" drill press (1946) Me (1949)
Thanks given by:
I was going to say, without a pic it didn't happen, but I guess if you haven't picked it up yet, you get a by. Big Grin

Tom
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
(05-03-2017, 11:12 PM)TomG Wrote: I was going to say, without a pic it didn't happen, but I guess if you haven't picked it up yet, you get a by. Big Grin

Tom

He could have taken a picture when he went and looked at it...
Hunting American dentists since 2015.
Thanks given by:
Good point.
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
I spent a good part of the day getting the Rockwell mill to the shop today. I went to the seller's facility and stripped the mill, down to the column and table/knee assembly. After lunch, where I bribed my friends, Trombone Pete and Norm, to pickup the stripped mill, on Norm's small utility trailer. 

I based my purchase of the mill on my seeing the mill 2 years ago, last week, I saw it again, with a flashlight, it was far dirtier than I had remembered. Nothing serious, just grime and some swarf. With a few towels and some red Brakleen, the grime pretty much wiped right off.

The table moves smoothly side to side and back and forth, knee is tight and smooth, that table has some surface rust, but nothing serious. Over all, I very pleased so far.

I was unable to power up the head assembly, no 3 phase power (Not yet), but the spindle is smooth when moved by hand. Powering the head assembly is high on the To-Do List.

here are a few pictures

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

jack
Thanks given by:
a few more pictures

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

jack
Thanks given by:
That looks to be in pretty good shape Jack.

Ed
Thanks given by:
I agree that does look like it's in good shape.

Greg
Magazines have issues, everything else has problems

Thanks given by:
(05-09-2017, 08:49 PM)pepi Wrote: I agree that does look like it's in good shape.

Greg

Smiley-signs009

If you do not have a RPC and no other 3 phase machines I'd look into getting a single phase motor.
Thanks given by: