engine hoist cylinder
(01-06-2017, 11:03 AM)pepi Wrote: To qualify: I say this without ever using an air assist hydraulic cylinder in an engine hoist.
Showing these pictures in order to point out what I see as a trade off.  I think the air assist lacks some control

Greg

Greg,
The ones that I have (a) allow either the handle or the air to be used [it is air over hydraulic] and (b) when using the air the 'stroke' of each pulse does not seem to be any larger than a single stroke of the handle.
Obviously with air over hydraulic the lowering is 100% hydraulic [the valve at the bottom] just like any other jack.
Arvid
Thanks given by:
Arvid,

Thanks I did not know that, thought it worked like the old air assist bumper jacks...

Greg
Magazines have issues, everything else has problems

Thanks given by:
A good thing about this cylinder is that it can be controlled manually or by air allowing for smaller moves.

I've located some 36mm OD X-ring style O rings at McMaster for $1.28 each which are made for sealing in a linear travel application.  I'll order 2 of them today along with enough other stuff to make shipping worth while.  They have a distribution center in Louisville KY and another in Cleveland OH which allows for 1 to 3 day shipping at the slow boat rate.

I really don't know what I'd do if I was not a machinist, welder, mechanic, etc.  Sit at the computer eating myself to 300+ lbs?   Jawdrop
Thanks given by: