Latest Electronics Delivery
I have a couple of similar kits. They seem to do a pretty good job. I originally bought one of the six jaw crimpers for doing wire ferrules.

Not long ago I ordered some replacement brass brush "refills" for one of my pocket scratch brushes. When I pulled the first one out of the box half of the brass wires fell out on the table.  Angry

They shoved the wires in the ferrules but never crimped them in!
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcTaNxVct4P444A2VbHZX...Y0Ecr8ZKmS]
I tried to get them to go into my crimper but the ferrules are just a couple of thou too large for the six jaw. Then I bought a 4 jaw crimper which luckily opens slightly larger and was able to get a crimp on the brushes to keep them from falling out.
Willie
Thanks given by:
(12-19-2019, 09:02 PM)Highpower Wrote: 3 measly soldering iron tips.

Really Hakko?  $114  REALLY!!!???
Smiley-signs131

How long would it have taken to machine them?
Thanks given by:
I wish it were that easy Stan. They are T-30 style tips for my FM2032 micro-soldering iron. The heating element and the tip are a single unit. But I suppose the miniature size of them is what makes them so costly. The larger T-15 style tips for my "normal" size iron are 1/3 of the price and are a single unit as well.
Willie
Thanks given by:
Another crimping tool arrived. This one is advertised as being for the following connectors.

"Compatible with XH2.54/3.96,PH2.0,PX,KK254,JST,Molex,Dupont, D-SUB Terminal"

I got it mainly for the JST PH2.0 connectors. It appears to be well made. I need to order some PH2.0 connector terminals to give it a try. I'll report back when I've tested it with those terminals.

Ed

Thanks given by:
This arrived today. Should be the last scope I'll need (famous last word).  Smile

4-channel, 70MHz hackable to 350MHz. Came with a bunch of options that are free until the end of March.

Ed

Thanks given by:
Nice addition Ed. That should help pass the isolation time.

TomG

The alter ego is from me being unable to log on with my phone from the North. I'll get it straightened out when i get home. We got concerned and bugged out of the metropolitan area and I'm glad we did. All of the hospitals are full and they are turning people away. So far there have been very few cases in the U.P. Hope all is good where you are.
Thanks given by: EdK
(03-26-2020, 07:21 PM)Tom Terrific Wrote: Nice addition Ed. That should help pass the isolation time.

TomG

Yup, a lot to learn about this scope. I'll be busy for a while for sure.

Ed
Thanks given by:
Got this precision voltage reference today. Now I can check how accurate my DMMs are.  Chin

Ed

Thanks given by:
Got this from TI for $30.

https://www.ti.com/store/ti/en/p/product...L-F280049C

Once I get a lathe I'm seriously considering adding an electronic lead screw per this guys videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTs9GygRQ-U

His lathe is similar to the one I'm considering buying but from Precision Matthews rather than Grizzly. If I decide not to do the ELS then the board can be used in numerous other projects so won't be wasted.

Ed

Thanks given by: