New Forum!!!
(06-27-2020, 10:10 PM)arvidj Wrote:
(06-27-2020, 05:33 PM)EdK Wrote: Any suggestions for a source of reasonably priced filament of good quality?  Chin

Ed

I've found Microcenter's Inland brand PLA to be a very good value. They have lots stock and colors on hand and at $19 a 1kg spool it's hard to beat. There may be better quality filaments out there but for what I print it does job. 

I'm in the process of building an enclosure so I can give their ABS a try.

Thanks Arvid. Just ordered 4 spools with free shipping to Arizona.  Thumbsup

Ed
Thanks given by:
(06-27-2020, 10:10 PM)arvidj Wrote:
(06-27-2020, 05:33 PM)EdK Wrote: Any suggestions for a source of reasonably priced filament of good quality?  Chin

Ed

I've found Microcenter's Inland brand PLA to be a very good value. They have lots stock and colors on hand and at $19 a 1kg spool it's hard to beat. There may be better quality filaments out there but for what I print it does job. 

I'm in the process of building an enclosure so I can give their ABS a try.

I went thru all that: hood over the printer, vent fan vented outside, ... I forgot to turn it on and found fumes were undetectable. I am in a garage/shop with 10' ceilings but I still should've smelled something.
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by:
(06-28-2020, 01:34 AM)Vinny Wrote: I went thru all that: hood over the printer, vent fan vented outside, ...    I forgot to turn it on and found fumes were undetectable.  I am in a garage/shop with 10' ceilings but I still should've smelled something.

Originally I was justifying it for draft and heat control for ABS rather than the smell.

In hind sight the major benefit of the enclosure will be to give the impression the printer and all the paraphernalia has a permanent home (5 years in the making) so Bev will get off my case about it being scattered all over the room.
Thanks given by: