HVAC stuff
I like to do all my own maintenance (when possible) because (A) it saves me a ton of money and (B) I know the job will be done right.   Big Grin

Seriously though, I've had some pretty shoddy work done by "professionals" in the past and ended up have to fix it again later on myself. Several months ago I was on a web site ordering some tool I needed, and saw the company was having a giveaway contest at the time so I entered just for giggles. Low and behold, my name was chosen as one of the winners!   Yikes

I guess I can change my avatar now since it seems my luck has finally changed for the better.   Rotfl

TruTech Tools

Quote:Prizes in the pac:
TTT 10th Anniversary Prize Pack TOTAL VALUE-> $1,650

Brand      Items      Value

VETO Limited Edition TruTech 10 th Anniversary Veto Tech Pac $269.95

FooBot FooBot Indoor Air Monitor $199.00

Testo Refrigeration SmartProbes kit, plus testo swag $266.00

Bacharach Snifit CO Detector $249.95

UEI DL479 Electrical meter $99.95

RedFish Redfish BlueTooth Multimeters with current clamp and case $230.00

Black Mamba Work gloves $2.64

Hilmor Hilmor 6″ Shaft 7Pc Mag ND Set 3/16″ – 7/16″ LHSM7PC 1839075 $70.95

Hilmor Hilmor Quick-Engage Flare+Swage Kit 3/16″-3/4″ FS 1838947 $211.00

Hilmor Hilmor 1885412 6 inch Diagonal Cutting Plier $25.33

Hilmor Hilmor 1885424 8 Inch Wire Stripper $25.33
Willie
Thanks given by:
Congrats Willie.

I never had much luck with those contests either, although I did win $100 in a 50/50 drawing last month. Maybe my luck is changing. :)
[Image: TomsTechLogo-Profile.png]
Thanks given by:
(08-26-2017, 02:33 PM)TomG Wrote: Maybe my luck is changing. :)

Let's hope so Tom. Goodness knows we could all use some good luck now and then. Smiley-eatdrink004
Willie
Thanks given by:
Way to go Willie!!!
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by: Highpower
By the way, if anyone is interested in reasonably priced multi-meter that is packed with features, I can say I have been very impressed by the Redfish iDVM 510. When I can attach a meter to a circuit at one end of my house, and then connect to it with my iPad at the other end of the house, and have it SPEAK the measurements to me..... that is just too cool! Big Grin
Willie
Thanks given by:
(08-27-2017, 11:22 AM)Highpower Wrote: By the way, if anyone is interested in reasonably priced multi-meter that is packed with features, I can say I have been very impressed by the Redfish iDVM 510. When I can attach a meter to a circuit at one end of my house, and then connect to it with my iPad at the other end of the house, and have it SPEAK the measurements to me..... that is just too cool!   Big Grin

Damn you Willie! Bash

Ed
Thanks given by:
(08-28-2017, 04:38 PM)EdK Wrote: Damn you Willie!  Bash

Ed

Just returning the favor Ed.... Tongue

When I first started using it I thought it had a problem with the NCV (non-contact voltage) function. Sitting at my computer desk, it would "alert" randomly indicating voltage being present at inanimate objects like my file cabinet, books on my desk, even empty cardboard boxes! 17428

I emailed the company about it and was later contacted by Jim Bergmann (Director of New Product Development) and we discussed my "problem". He assured me there was nothing wrong with the meter. He suggested that it was most likely caused by knob & tube wiring in my house which is an older home. He said separation of the phases will do that because of the distance between the wires. I don't know of any knob and tube wiring in my house. Only two original circuits remain in the house and those are run in BX cable. But I couldn't say for certain what might be hiding in these walls, so I didn't want to argue the point.

I started doing more extended testing trying to eliminate possible sources. I unplugged everything on my desk and nothing changed. I got down to the last item in the room which was the paper shredder that sits underneath my desk.
BINGO! Yikes

A valuable lesson learned that day that I have never experienced before. Stray EMF reflecting off of my metal file cabinet. (The shredder sits next to the cabinet) Slaphead

I also learned that RedFish has outstanding customer service and they make meters with incredible sensitivity.
Willie
Thanks given by: