Help Making a die stock holder
Hi all, I purchased a 1/4 20 die the other day not realising it was a 13/16 od die and I don't have a holder for that size, so an ideal oppotunity to make one as I now have the lathe running.
I'm trying to find out the angle of the die holding screws but 3/4 of an hour searching on the net hasn't given the info but I'm sure someone on here knows.
They look to be 45 deg apart but I'd like to know for sure
Thanks
Andy T
Thanks given by:
I don't know of any "standard" for the placement of the retaining screw(s) in a die stock holder. As long as they keep the die from falling out, I don't think it really matters unless I am misunderstanding your question. Blush
Willie
Thanks given by: Andy T
I think my dies mostly have divots in them at 180 degrees apart.  

Here are a couple of holders for the lathe tailstock sliding die holders that I have. 

Is this what you were asking?

Thanks given by: Andy T
(08-30-2017, 02:03 PM)Alphonse Wrote: I think my dies mostly have divots in them at 180 degrees apart.  

Here are a couple of holders for the lathe tailstock sliding die holders that I have. 

Is this what you were asking?

Thanks for the response Alphonse, yes you have  the right track but my dies have divots that apear to be 90deg apart ( 45deg each side of the the split in the die) I did some more invistigating on paper with a protractor and I'm sure they are 45deg each side of the split in the die.
Looking at your die holder & die it may be a good idea for me to put in an extra hole 180deg from one of my divot screws while I'm at the build stage, then I'll be covered if I get a die like yours with the divots 180 deg apart
Thanks for the info Smile
Thanks given by:
As far as I can remember they are 45deg.
Smiley-eatdrink004 
DaveH
 a child of the 60's and 50's and a bit of the 40's Smile
Thanks given by: