Frankenmill: Bridgeport J head onto Victoria U2
If there's any chance the bits might be sitting around for a few months, don't rely on WD40 for corrosion protection. Its mostly solvent and has very little oil in it to create a long term protective film.
I use a decent coat of grease/oil/lanotec etc, and if I think it might extend past summer into next winter also seal it in a plastic bag or wrap with plastic wrap to avoid any condensation issues. I usually also wrap in rags before bagging as the rag protects the plastic from being damaged on sharp corners particularly when you've got a bunch of related bits stored in a tub etc.

Thanks for the Simple Green info. Didn't realise Bunnings had it, and in smaller quantities. If it works at 15:1 its pretty cost effective too.
I've looked at the commercial grade Simple Green with the green label in the past when I was looking for a something for my parts washer, but a 20L container of that is ~$200 which was a bit rich. After trying a couple of other water soluble products it now has diesel in it ;)
If I need to degrease afterwards I've been using Chemtech CT18 which is readily available from most auto parts suppliers.

Steve
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Frankenmill: Bridgeport J head onto Victoria U2 - by SteveG - 09-23-2017, 06:48 AM