Question on a 109 metal lathe.
(10-14-2017, 09:25 PM)Highpower Wrote: I don't think anyone would whine about a Mazak lathe though.  https://www.mazakusa.com/machines/process/turning/

Zamak gears on the other hand...  http://www.chemtrend.com/material/alloys_metals/zinc

I'm a bit dislexic myself so I have that problem all the time.  Big Grin

Hwo says I'm dyslepcit ?
Thanks given by:
Same here Everett. Too old and broken to do a lot of things I used to do. But I like that picture because it combines a few things I've always enjoyed in the past. Motorcycles, Bugs Bunny and Yosemite Sam. Big Grin
Willie
Thanks given by:
Hi,all.. Things are hectic here as usual.Things going nicely. I`ve always said "you`ve never lived till you ride on a motorcycle in the rain or snow" LOL.. Hard a hard time getting motor on the 109,finally got it. Tried a small cut,loved the lathe. I`ll start some serious playing in a few weeks. Gonna start my winter schedule by then.For the life of me,I can`t find any step down pulleys here locally that I need. Gonna try Grainger or someplace like that.I gonna make me some cutoff tools when I got time,A live center and so forth. Possible a center rest,I need a center rest for my first job.

Aw well,what fun we have,I luv it. Have a great rest of the week,Everett Rotfl
Thanks given by:
(10-29-2017, 07:37 PM)buster Wrote: Hi,all.. Things are hectic here as usual.Things going nicely. I`ve always said "you`ve never lived till you ride on a motorcycle in the rain or snow" LOL.. Hard a hard time getting motor on the 109,finally got it. Tried a small cut,loved the lathe. I`ll start some serious playing in a few weeks. Gonna start my winter schedule by then.For the life of me,I can`t find any step down pulleys here locally that I need. Gonna try Grainger or someplace like that.I gonna make me some cutoff tools when I got time,A live center and so forth. Possible a center rest,I need a center rest for my first job.

How about a motorcycle in an ice storm? Been there, done that.

Have you tried ebay for the step down pulleys? If not there, you do have a lathe...
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by:
(10-30-2017, 08:51 AM)Vinny Wrote:
(10-29-2017, 07:37 PM)buster Wrote: Hi,all.. Things are hectic here as usual.Things going nicely. I`ve always said "you`ve never lived till you ride on a motorcycle in the rain or snow" LOL.. Hard a hard time getting motor on the 109,finally got it. Tried a small cut,loved the lathe. I`ll start some serious playing in a few weeks. Gonna start my winter schedule by then.For the life of me,I can`t find any step down pulleys here locally that I need. Gonna try Grainger or someplace like that.I gonna make me some cutoff tools when I got time,A live center and so forth. Possible a center rest,I need a center rest for my first job.

How about a motorcycle in an ice storm?  Been there, done that.

Have you tried ebay for the step down pulleys?   If not there, you do have a lathe...

Hi,vinny,I rode one to work for 2 and 1/2 years. Only missed one day because I had a flat.

I tried ebay,waste of time. I`ll probable wait . Most things come around to me if I wait long enough
I most know theyre still available if I get out of the rural area. LOL.

Have a good rest of the week,everett
Thanks given by:
No one-up-man-ship intended but maybe even worse: motorcycle in hailstorm on I-50 in Colorado, 1986; it was like riding on marbles !!!! No windshield but I did have full face helmet. (Needless to say I pulled off the highway at the next overpass and waited it out.)

I was on an old Suzuki Titan 500 two-stroke, uncomfortable but fast ! I'd like to have it back -
Thanks given by:
(10-30-2017, 04:40 PM)randyc Wrote: No one-up-man-ship intended but maybe even worse:  motorcycle in hailstorm on I-50 in Colorado, 1986; it was like riding on marbles !!!!  No windshield but I did have full face helmet.  (Needless to say I pulled off the highway at the next overpass and waited it out.)

I was on an old Suzuki Titan 500 two-stroke, uncomfortable but fast !  I'd like to have it back -

Hey,Vinny,sounds like we`ve had fun with our bikes.  I wish I had some of the ones I`ve had.

Take care ,fellow, always fun to look back to the good times. Thumbsup
Thanks given by:
Yeah, after I got scraped off the freeway I hung up my helmet.

One other thought on your pulley, keep an eye out for a Model Engineer show. There are usually a number of vendors there selling some old parts, tools, etc and if you don't find one there you might find someone there who either has one at home or knows of someone who does. Besides, those shows are fun!
Logan 200, Index 40H Mill, Boyer-Shultz 612 Surface Grinder, HF 4x6 Bandsaw, a shear with no name, ...
the nobucks boutique etsy shop  |  the nobucks boutique
Thanks given by:
(10-30-2017, 09:59 PM)Vinny Wrote: Yeah, after I got scraped off the freeway I hung up my helmet.

Yep there are two types of MC riders.  Those who have gone down & those who will go down.  I'm one of the first group.   Ouch
Thanks given by:
Try McMaster-Carr for the step pulley.

Ed
Thanks given by: